Comedy Central’s The Daily Show appears to have a soft spot for expats, acting as an American career launching pad …Read Now
Mel B. Set To Win Dancing With the Stars? She’s Already Won
- Mel B. is slated to win this season’s Dancing With the Stars, according to BBC NEWS. DialIdol, the online voting tracker that measures busy signals to predict who viewers are voting off, also seems to indicate a Mel/Maksim victory. And it has been very accurate in predicting eliminations in recent weeks. Go Mel! It’s funny how DWTS can do wonders for a star’s reputation. After all, Mel had been dragged through the mud with her paternity suit against Eddie Murphy and accusations about her husband Stephen Belafonte. But there she is, week after week, putting in sizzling performances and coming off as engaging, warm-hearted, and playful. Even if she doesn’t take home that enormous trophy, she’s already won in every way that matters.
- Photos: The Spice Girls turned up at Dancing With the Stars last night to cheer on their comrade Mel B.(Just Jared)
- Judge Bruno Tonioli gets gobby about the celebrities on Strictly Come Dancing. And if I’m reading this Sun article correctly, he has a crush on Gethin Jones. Who’s a man, if you didn’t know. A very hot one, too. Here he is dancing the Viennese waltz and looking very edible doing it.
- Doctor Who fans will be ecstatic to hear that Billie Piper will return as Rose in Season Four. It will be a three-episode stint. So David Tennant‘s Doctor now has one, two, three assistants, including Catherine Tate and Freema Agyeman.(BBC)
- Billie Piper lost to Annie-Marie Duff (Saint Joan) in the Best Actress race at last night’s Evening Standard Theatre Awards. As expected, Patrick Stewart won for Macbeth.(BBC)
- The husband of Nancy Shevell, the New York woman who has been linked to Paul McCartney, says he’s still BFF with his wife. Whatever that means.(Page Six)
- Simon Cowell is plotting world domination. Not satisfied with America’s Got Talent and Britain’s Got Talent, he’s planning The World’s Got Talent. “To be broadcast next autumn, with ANT & DEC at the helm, it will put 25 talent show winners from around the globe in a head-to-head battle so one can be crowned the most talented person on the planet.”(The Sun)
- So, “Simon Cowell” ranks right up there with “punk-a** b****” in the world of insults. A 45-year-old lorry driver is currently facing trial for assaulting a 15-year-old student, allegedly because the young man said he looked like the X Factor host.(The Sun)
- Video: X Factor contestant Rhydian makes Dannii Minogue get teary-eyed with his operatic version of “Somewhere” from West Side Story. Looks like this dude is gonna win it all.
- Julia Sawalha, Ab Fab‘s Saffy, has returned to British television after a two-year sabbatical in a hippy lovenest.(Daily Mail)
- Morning TV viewers in the UK were outraged when erotic dancers staged an impromptu pole dance during a GMTV segment promoting pantyhose.
- Daniel Craig says the next James Bond will feature humor but won’t include “gags.”(Guardian)
- Bailie Walsh, best-known for his recent Oasis documentary, will direct his first feature, Flashbacks of a Fool, starring Daniel Craig and Alfie Owen-Allen (Lily’s bro).(NME)
- A Times interview with Martha Fiennes, sister of Ralph and Joseph.
- Helena Bonham Carter is looking swell with her big baby bump.(Daily Mail)
- David Beckham has offered to coach the England football squad – for free.(The Sun)