Looking older but as sharp-witted and energetic as ever, the five living members of Britain’s beloved Monty Python were the …Read Now
Leona Lewis Conquers Britain – Is America Next?
Leona Lewis spends a fourth week at No. 1 in the UK. She is UNSTOPPABLE. Also, Kylie‘s back:
1. Leona Lewis – Bleeding Love
Watch the video
Watch the video
In other news:
- Leona Lewis‘ album Spirit is now the fastest-selling debut album ever in the UK, selling 375,000 copies in its first week. NME notes that Spirit “is now the fourth-fastest selling record of all time in Britain, behind Oasis‘ ‘Be Here Now’, Coldplay‘s X&Y and Dido‘s Life For Rent.”
- “Next stop, America!” the X Factor star exclaims. Could Ms. Lewis be set for a nationwide tour with Kanye West?(Daily Record)
- The BRIT Awards are unveiling a new prize, the Critics’ Choice Award, which will honor “signed acts who are due to release debut albums in 2008,” according to BBC NEWS. The winner will be announced on December 10.
- Amy Winehouse now ranks alongside Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Kim Jong-Il as a threat to the United Nations. I’m surprised that the UN comments on celebrities, but Antonio Maria Costa, head of the UN Drugs and Crime Office, says, “Rock stars, like Amy Winehouse become popular by singing: ‘I ain’t going to rehab’, even though she badly needed and eventually sought treatment.” Well, if he’s gonna blame Winehouse for the world’s drug problems, the least he could do is get her lyrics right.(NME)
- Go figure: after a “shambolic” show in Birmingham, Amy Winehouse gave a bravura performance in Glasgow.(The Sun)
- Still, Amy Winehouse’s mother wants her to pull out of the tour.(Mirror)
- Rumors of a renewed row between Morrissey and NME have been squashed by NME editor Conor McNicholas, who logged on to a Morrissey fan site for that express purpose.
- Can Victoria Beckham act? The Guardian‘s Julia Raeside says, “Well, maybe” based on her Ugly Betty appearance. “She pulls off her upcoming guest appearance in Ugly Betty (Wednesday on E4, Friday on C4) with surprising animation. Unlike her bandmate, Geri, and her car-crash cameo in Sex and the City, Posh doesn’t appear to be speaking English as a second language.”
- If you have a ticket to a Spice Girls reunion gig, you may spot Angelina Jolie in the crowd. Geri Haliwell has allegedly invited Angelina and her family to all of the concerts on their tour, hoping to score little Bluebell Madonna some A-list playmates. (Mirror)
- The Spice Girls’ performance on BBC’s “Children in Need” program featured more lip-syncing.(Daily Mail)
- The “un-flashy” James Blunt brags he dallied in a pool with nine naked models.(The Sun)
- Girls Aloud put on “one of their sexiest shows ever” – for a crowd of gay men. Hey, the homosexually inclined can appreciate a pert bosom as well as any straight man.(The Sun)
- Howard Donald is back in action on the Take That tour, but he admits he may never do another onstage backflip after the accident that left him with a collapsed lung.(The Sun)
- X Factor star Simon Cowell and Dannii Minogue are photographed holding hands in the back seat of a car.(The Sun)
- An X Factor contestant has accused Simon Cowell of a conspiracy against her.(Digital Spy)