- British actress Deborah Kerr has died at age 86. Her list of credits is incredible: The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp and Black Narcissus with Powell and Pressburger; King Solomon’s Mines;The King and I; An Affair to Remember opposite Cary Grant; The Sundowners; and the role she’s probably best-known for, adulterous wife Karen Holmes in From Here To Eternity. Her lovemaking scene on the beach with Burt Lancaster remains iconic and unsurpassed in its eroticism. Kerr was a wonderful chameleon; she played a total of three roles in The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp alone. She was nominated six times for the Academy Award but never won once.
- Reality TV’s Maria and Joseph, Connie Fisher and Lee Mead, will perform together in a BBC Christmas special. Torchwood star John Barrowman, who was a judge on both How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria? and Any Dream Will Do, will also sing.(The Stage)
- Kate Moss entrusts her new man, musician Jamie Hince, to Lily Allen. (Mirror)
- Goblet or cello? Skittle or lollipop? Former What Not To Wear hosts Trinny and Susannah list the 12 female body types and how to dress them.
- You can play “Chopsticks” on Joely Richardson‘s ribcage.(Daily Mail)
- The Guardian compiles some great YouTube clips from the world of British sports, including some amazing clips of rugby star Jason Robinson putting the hurt on his opponents. I heart Mr. Robinson. Dieux du Stade really dropped the ball by not getting this man’s kit off.
- Prince William demonstrates some athleticism on the football pitch.
- You may be able to download all of this year’s Booker-shortlisted novels. The Daily Telegraph reports, “It is hoped the initiative will capture new audiences – particularly in Asia and Africa – who may be unable to access the actual books.”
Latest in Anglophenia Video SeriesView All Episodes
The Latest from Mind The Gap
As we know, this country is huge and varied, so a real bucket list could fill a book. However, there […]Read Now
Wealthy folk in the U.S. and back home in Blighty are a complicated bunch with a rich history and, no […]Read Now
Located in Memphis, Tennessee, the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is the first and only U.S. National Cancer Institute-designated cancer […]Read Now