It’s his birthday (April 18). What further excuse do we need for a wallow in some of David Tennant‘s greatest …Read Now
More Royal Trouble: Prince Harry Questioned Over Killing of Rare Birds
It’s a bad week to be a member of the royal family.
Just days after a royal blackmail scandal, Prince Harry was questioned about two rare hen harriers that were killed on the royal family’s Sandringham estate, The Guardian reports. Harry and a friend were out shooting when witnesses saw the birds fall:
Sources have told the Guardian that the prince and his friend were the only people known to be out shooting on the estate last Wednesday evening, and were quickly identified to Norfolk police by the Prince of Wales’s staff. It is understood both men were interviewed in person, but have denied any involvement in the incident.
I find the fact that Harry and his mate got ratted on by Prince Charles’ staff quite hilarious.
According to The Guardian, shooting endangered birds “carries a prison sentence of up to six months or a £5,000 fine.” The last member of the royal family to be convicted of a crime was Princess Anne, who was forced to pay a fine in 2002 after her dog attacked two children.
In other news:
- Daniel Radcliffe (Equus) is among the nominees for the Evening Standard Theatre awards, which honor outstanding achievements on the London stage. The BBC AMERICA stars nominated on this year’s longlist include Doctor Who‘s Billie Piper for Treats; My Family stars Robert Lindsay and Zoë Wanamaker for The Entertainer and The Rose Tattoo, respectively; The Office‘s Mackenzie Crook for The Seagull; Jekyll‘s Paterson Joseph for The Emperor Jones; Life On Mars‘ John Simm for Elling; Cambridge Spies‘s Toby Stephens and Samuel West for Betrayal; and Shameless‘ Annie-Marie Duff for Saint Joan.
- Reese Witherspoon desperately wants to work with Kate Winslet: “We just really get along. We’re from different countries but we’re sort of the same person. We’re the same age, we have children who are the same age. I just love Kate. I think she is just so great and I’d really love to work with her.”(Contact Music)
- Daniel Craig‘s next four Bond films could net him $60 million.(Daily Mail)
- Coleen McLoughlin is on Weight Watchers to quell pregnancy rumors.
- What Not To Wear‘s Trinny and Susannah meet some of the biggest boobs in Britain.(The Sun)
- They got Tony Blair. Now The Simpsons want UK Prime Minister Gordon Brown to make a guest spot.(The Sun)
- Girls Aloud singer Sarah Harding seems to lose more clothes as the temperatures drop.(Daily Mail)