Latest in Anglophenia Video SeriesView All Episodes
The Latest from Mind The Gap
America’s British population has taken to the web to voice its displeasure at news that U.S. candy giant Hershey has successfully blocked our much loved U.K.-produced chocolate from being exported to the land of the free.Read Now
In the middle of his road trip across America, British filmmaker James Coulson decided he’d seen enough—and applied for U.S. …Read Now
Well, it’s that time of year again when post-Christmas wallets are weighed up and paperwork is gathered for the filing …Read Now
I’m sure Alfie Owen-Allen, brother of Lily Allen and son of Robin Hood‘s Keith Allen, is a fine actor. He has thirteen credits on IMDB after all. But we’re going from this (see above) to this (see link). I feel a Valerie Cherish/Aunt Sassy moment coming on, y’all…
In other news:
- Naomi Campbell‘s trademark anger was unleashed when she was barred from a British Airways flight. Yeah, that whole “fashionably late” thing doesn’t fly with airlines.(Mirror)
- 86-year-old Prince Philip, husband of Queen Elizabeth II, has suffered from a heart ailment for the past 15 years, according to The Sun.
- Jordan hawks her wares…and has some products to sell, too.(The Sun)
- X-Factor host Dermot O’Leary puffs his chest out and dares the show’s judges to tussle with him. “Step out of line, and I’ll give as good as I get.” Well, he admits he’s a little frightened of Sharon Osbourne: “Sharon’s a lady but you would never, ever mess with her. If she respects you and likes you then she’s a wonderful, adorable woman, but don’t dare cross her.”(The Sun)
- Helen Mirren‘s “brave” admission earlier this week has compelled The Daily Mail to explore tokophobia, the fear of giving birth.
- Clive Owen, in an interview with The Daily Telegraph, says he’s not bitter at all about losing 007 to Daniel Craig. “I never really look at life and worry about missed opportunities,” he says. “As I get older, I’ve been having a better and better time. I’m having the best time of my life at the moment, so I’m not at all afraid about things I missed or of getting older. Basically, things opened up for me later on in my life.”
- Withnail & I stars Richard E. Grant and Paul McCann reunite for a young director’s short film, which you can download from The Times.
- Bad news: Joanna Lumley won’t be in the next season of Clatterford. Good news: Lumley and Jennifer Saunders may do another one-off Absolutely Fabulous special.(The Stage)
- Look who bought the Cortina from Life On Mars! I didn’t know Axl Rose was a fan of the show!(The Sun)
- A possible spoiler about Kylie Minogue‘s Doctor Who appearance.(The Sun)