Red Nose Day arrived at NBC yesterday, and among the fun and hoopla, an avalanche of British stars turning out …Read Now
Johnny Marr Gets Smiths Fans’ Hopes Up
- Johnny Marr gives a sliver of hope that The Smiths will reform…someday: “It’s no biggy. Maybe we will in 10 or 15 years time when we all need to for whatever reasons, but right now Morrissey is doing his thing and I’m doing mine, so that’s the answer really.” Would be very nice, very nice, very nice, but maybe in the next world.(NME)
- News that will be met with a massive shrug: Mick Hucknall has announced that Simply Red is disbanding in 2009.(Telegraph)
- During her Amsterdam concert, Amy Winehouse “ran off stage six times” to snog her husband, Blake Fielder-Civil, according to The Mirror.
- Pete Doherty is on the mend: he no longer has to undergo court-ordered drug treatment.(BBC)
- Pete Doherty is off the rails: he has “dumped” his fiancée, model Irina Lazareanu, and is allegedly pining for Kate Moss again.(The Sun)
- Lily Allen has hired a “Trainer to the Stars” to take the thunder out of her thighs.(Daily Mail)
- Amidst rumors that Girls Aloud is breaking up, Nadine Coyle has hired a manager to help her break the States.(The Sun)
- Coyle’s bandmate Sarah Harding stripped to her bra and panties on a live show. Too bad it was on the radio.(The Sun)
- Sugababes star Keisha Buchanan has been hospitalized with a “stress-related” hernia. Somewhere Siobhan Donaghy and Mutya Buena are pulling pins from the bellies of their Keisha voodoo dolls.(The Sun)
- Mark Ronson is “sick” of hearing songs from his album Version. I’ve been sick of hearing them from Day One.(The Sun)
- The View started a brawl in a bar when the DJ played their song, “Same Jeans,” and fellow patrons started “taking the piss.”(Mirror)
- What’s David Bowie‘s most underated album? Check out his almost totally instrumental soundtrack to the 1993 British TV series The Buddha of Suburbia, says The Guardian‘s Mark Hooper.