While the news of Downton Abbey coming to an end may still be sinking in, there is something we should all remember: there …Read Now
James Nesbitt Strives to Locate Missing IRA Victims. Plus: Extras Xmas Special Teaser
- Jekyll star James Nesbitt has joined a campaign to find missing IRA victims. “Its important we have somebody with such a high profile who will do all he can in our quest to find the bodies. It is greatly appreciated.”(Ireland Online)
- Video: a hilarious teaser clip for the Extras Christmas special, featuring Georgie Michael cruising Hampstead Heath, Clive Owen humiliating Ashley Jensen, and David Tennant hamming it up.
- Little Britain‘s David Walliams had to audition twice for a dramatic role in Stephen Poliakoff‘s Capturing Mary. “It was a very thorough process. I had two two-hour auditions which really gave me the chance to give a half-decent performance. The writing is so rich, you have to work very hard as an actor.” (The Sun)
- Martin Freeman, star of The Office, plays a grouchy warehouseman in the new sitcom, Other People. Asked in The Independent why he often plays bitter lads, he says, “Comedy can’t be about continuous success. The characters we get behind – whether it’s Hancock or Basil Fawlty or Captain Mainwaring – are eternally frustrated. Disappointment is an endless wellspring of comedy inspiration.”
- Another shaggy-haired, bearded comedian, Justin Lee Collins, beat Russell Brand for the “Funniest Man” award at the LAFTAs.(The Sun)
- Jude Law discovers that the best weapon against a quickly receding hairline is a No. 1 razor.(Daily Mail)
- Awards guru Tom O’Neill interviews potential Oscar nominee Keira Knightley about Atonement.(Gold Derby)
- Sienna Miller was all sparkly at the Euro premiere of Stardust, the fantasy film that flopped hard here in the States.(The Sun)
- Sienna was “banned” from the Stardust afterparty by the producers of her new film, Hippie Hippie Shake. Also, as readers over at The Daily Mail note, what’s with Sienna and her two-sizes-too-big shoes? That’s an ankle sprain waiting to happen.
- Hustle hunk Marc Warren stars in the latest installment of Messiah.
- BBC1 has officially announced the new reality talent show, The Ultimate Tribute, which, as the title implies, is a hunt for Britain’s best tribute band. The Stage reports: “Hosted by Graham Norton,The Ultimate Tribute will give one solo act a three-month performing contract with Legends in Concert, one of the longest running celebrity impersonator shows in the world.” Expect some U.S. broadcaster (*cough* Fox *cough*) to pick up the rights for this format, if they haven’t already.
- Innuendo rules the day at the inquest into Princess Diana‘s death, with a coroner revealing Diana’s “innermost thoughts,” including her belief that Prince Charles intended to marry her children’s nanny, Tiggy Legge-Bourke.
- Racing star Lewis Hamilton could be penalized for breaking driving rules at the Chinese Grand Prix.(Guardian)