- Ian Brown, former frontman for The Stone Roses, launched an attack on Kylie Minogue while backstage at the Q awards, telling BBC Radio Five Live: “I don’t think she’s cute. I don’t think she’s good-looking. Her music’s rubbish – she makes music for little kids. I’m sorry if it sounds like I’m putting her down, but there’s a lot of great minds out there making music and she’s not one of them.” By the way, the above photo was taken back when Ian Brown’s opinion actually mattered.(Contact Music)
- Status Quo frontman Francis Rossi does Ian Brown one better, hitting out at both Amy Winehouse, whom he says is “not a good role model,” and Pete Doherty: “Doherty isn’t even worth entertaining. At least Amy has serious talent. Pete hasn’t got anything. There’s no talent there. He doesn’t count.”(Contact Music)
- From junkie to chunky: Pete Doherty has replaced his crack for snacks, with The Daily Mail calling the formerly rail-thin rocker “tubby.”
- Arctic Monkey Alex Turner and TV presenter Alexa Chung were caught in a “romantic clinch,” confirming rumors they are involved.(Daily Mail)
- Turner is now roomies with Jon McClure, frontman of fellow Sheffield band Reverend and the Makers.(NME)
- Cribs guitarist Ryan Jarman was beaten by security guards when he jumped into the audience. This act of brutality was caught on tape and is now making the rounds on YouTube. NME‘s resident blogger does a play-by-play: “From what I can tell, because Ryan leaps in when the guards’ backs are turned, they think he’s a fan who has invaded the stage then jumped back in. So therefore they attempt to hurl him out of the photo-pit.”
- Richard Ashcroft says that he and his Verve bandmateshave mellowed in their years apart: “I don’t think you can get around the fact we have changed. There have always been more hedonists around in the band and I don’t think that’s the case this time.” (Contact Music)
- Saucy Dame Shirley Bassey embarrassed Sir Paul McCartney during a Q magazine photoshoot, loudly shouting he had a “nice ass.”(Mirror)
- If her dalliance with Macca doesn’t work out, Dame Shirley can always
beard forseduce Mika.(Mirror)
- Will Elvis Costello sing “Happy Birthday, Mrs. President” to Hillary Clinton at her 60th birthday party/campaign fundraiser?(NME)
- UK radio station XFM will play the new Radiohead album in its entirety tomorrow at 7 am EST. Pitchfork also reminds us that tomorrow’s the release date for In Rainbows. Pay what you want!
- Sharon and Ozzy Osbourne are auctioning off items from their various homes.(Contact Music)
- Sting is the “worst lyricist of all-time.”(Gigwise)
- Scottish band Wet Wet Wet have completed their album, Timeless.