Graham Norton‘s couch is all British in this week’s (July 4) episode of The Graham Norton Show with Formula One …Read Now
Further Proof Hollywood Has Gone to The Birds
- Casino Royale director Martin Campbell and actress Naomi Watts are remaking Hitchcock‘s The Birds. Love both of them dearly, but this is a terrible idea that shouldn’t have made it past a brainstorming session.(Guardian)
- JK Rowling has revealed that Dumbledore, the Hogwarts headmaster, is gay and in love with his wizardly rival, Grindelwald.(BBC)
- Before storming off set, X-Factor judge Sharon Osbourne reportedly launched a stinging verbal attack on fellow judge Dannii Minogue. A source tells The Sun: “Dannii was crying so badly she had to have her make-up re-done three times. All of Sharon’s frustrations came out. Dannii tried to keep calm but there’s not much you can do when Sharon is at full throttle. She’s been jealous of Dannii getting all the attention and publicity ever since she was brought on to the show.”
- DJ Chris Moyles is “on standby” to replace Sharon Osbourne should she leave X-Factor on short notice.(Digital Spy)
- So Louis Walsh is going to quit, too? Wasn’t he fired not too long ago?
- Sir Ben Kingsley has gotten a few free curries out of playing the Mahatma. “I enjoy an immense kindness from Indians and from the Indian diaspora,” he tells The Guardian. “Everybody in India has seen the film at least once. When I was filming in Vancouver, I went to Little India and I was not allowed to pay for anything.”
- After accepting a lifetime achievement award from UNICEF, Sir Roger Moore posed with four former Bond girls.(Daily Mail)
- No special treatment here: Madonna will allegedly get full custody of David Banda five months early.(The Sun)
- So, yeah, South Africa beat England in this weekend’s Rugby World Cup final. Sob. Instead of licking their wounds, they got gloriously bladdered. Princes William and Harry joined the defeated England rugby team for a “25-hour bender,” and The Daily Mail has the deliriously booze-soaked photos.
- Is Lily Allen dieting her way to Hollywood stardom? The pop urchin, who is allegedly taking meetings with Harvey Weinstein, “is following a healthy-eating regime that includes herbal tea for breakfast, sushi for lunch, and raw vegetable crudités with dried fruit for dinner.” (Daily Mail)
- The Theatrical Management Awards have been handed out, and Patrick Stewart won Best Performance in a Play for his role as Macbeth.(The Stage)
- The president of Britain’s National Black Police Association encourages racial profiling. Sanctioned racism…hooray!(Guardian)
- It’s Grim Up North: people living in Northern England have considerably poorer health than their Southern compatriots.(Telegraph)