Latest in Anglophenia Video SeriesView All Episodes
The Latest from Mind The Gap
Well, it’s that time of year again when post-Christmas wallets are weighed up and paperwork is gathered for the filing …Read Now
It is said that a positive review from British restaurant critic Giles Coren can be worth $1 million to an …Read Now
It’s accepted that we have British English and American English, but, in written communication, there’s more than just language differences. …Read Now
- NME.com‘s campaigning to right a 30-year-old wrong: the website is enlisting fans to help The Sex Pistols‘ re-released classic, “God Save the Queen,” reach No. 1, after failing to do so the first time around. “When the punk anthem was first released in 1977 it made it to Number Two in the singles charts, however there was a strong suspicion that the authorities had banned the track from topping the charts, as it was the Queen’s Silver Jubilee and the song’s anti-authoritarian power was deemed unacceptable to the Establishment.”
- A photo of a 17-year old John Lennon has been discovered.(BBC)
- Two of Morrissey‘s shows at the Hollywood Palladium in L.A. have been cancelled due to a water main break.(BBC)
- That’s what he gets for being so damn sexy: Shayne Ward has a stalker.(Mirror)
- Leona Lewis‘ video for “Bleeding Love” is quite steamy.(The Sun)
- Arctic Monkeys have chosen “Teddy Picker” to be theirnext single.(NME)
- The Daily Telegraph‘s Neil McCormick examines the method to the madness behind Radiohead‘s “free” album.
- Producer Pete Waterman, one-third of the Stock Aitken Waterman “hit factory,” hits out at X-Factor for being “jeopardy TV.” “When we did the first series of Pop Idol, we insisted that we did not set out to embarrass those people who did not understand the way it all worked. But, in my opinion, that’s where they’ve taken X-Factor. I say that without having seen it – but knowing exactly what they are doing.”(Telegraph)
- Natalie Curtis, the 24-year-old daughter of Ian Curtis, reviews her father’s biopic, Control.(Guardian)
View all posts by Kevin Wicks.