Brenda Blethyn returns to the U.S. in season five of Vera on Monday, July 6, and she’s asking all the …Read Now
This Weekend’s Proud Parents: Noel Gallagher, Charlotte Church
Noel Gallagher became a father again this weekend. His long-time love, Sara MacDonald, gave birth to a son on Saturday, according to BBC News. And no, he didn’t name him Genghis or Gandhi or Goebbels or whatever he was threatening. The kid has a respectable name: Donovan Rory MacDonald Gallagher. Perhaps Noel was inspired by that Donovan clip I put up on Friday. You know Noel is a huge Anglophenia fan, right? We are BFFs and then some, as you can see in this video from the BRITs:
Charlotte Church also spat out her spawn late last week. On Thursday, she gave birth to a baby girl in her home in Wales. And the little sprog has a traditional name, albeit one more suitable for an 85-year-old pensioner: Ruby Megan Henson.
Congrats to the new parents.
Is Naomi Campbell next? God help the poor child.
This week’s chart: So Pete Doherty‘s career is on an upswing, yeah? His pals tell The Sun he’s finally kicking the drugs, and he’s even met with his estranged father. And lo and behold, Pete’s band Babyshambles scored a top 10 hit this week with “Delivery.”
Watch the video
Watch the video
In other news:
- Rrreear! Do we have a girl-pop catfight a-brewin’? Singer Jamelia has dug her talons into Leona Lewis, calling her “a poor man’s Mariah Carey” and hitting out at Simon Cowell for hyping her up. “When Simon stops all this stupid hype about her, that’s when we’ll see if she can deliver.Like every artist Simon has, she’ll fade into obscurity eventually.Only Will Young has been successful, and that was because he’s talented and cut ties with Simon. Leona is a poor man’s Mariah Carey. Simon’s lost it. He is disrespectful. Leona may be talented, but she’s not worked as hard as me or others in the industry – fact!”(The Sun)
- Is Will Young considering a move to the U.S.?(Contact Music)
- James Blunt doesn’t like to go poopy in public.(Contact Music)
- Paul McCartney is reportedly negotiating to write the Shrek 4 soundtrack.(NME)
- The Osbournes have sold their MTV mansion for $11.8 million.(The Sun)
- Courtney Love hits back at Sharon Osbourne‘s claim that she introduced son Jack to drugs: “I never did that. I would never give drugs to a teenager. F*** you Sharon – as if I would ever give drugs to a teenager.”(Daily Mail)
- Katie Melua criticizes Amy Winehouse – but in a “classy” way. “I think the coverage Amy Winehouse gets is not the sort of coverage that a musician would want to get at all. It seems to focus on her personal life quite a bit, and I’d absolutely hate that. I hope she’s fine with it and she doesn’t find it too hard.”(The Sun)
- Lily Allen‘s little brother, Alfie, can give sis a run for the money in the boozing department.(Mirror)
- Is Lily dating a Chemical Brother?(Digital Spy)
- An “impostor” nicked KT Tunstall‘s car service when she landed at JFK, leaving the Scottish singer-songwriter stranded.(Mirror)
- Tom Clarke of The Enemy denies his band is political.(Guardian)
- PJ Harvey unveils her “new voice” on her latest album, White Chalk, she tells The Times. “I’ve never used this voice before. I call it my ‘church voice’, because it’s the one I would use when I went to church with my gran once a year to sing Christmas carols. I tried to sing like her, in a pure, unadorned, tuneful voice. I was focusing on not character-acting. I didn’t want to be, like, ‘Here’s my scary voice’, because that’s become a caricature.”
- Graham Norton reviews Prince‘s final concert in London. “Strutting and prowling around the stage, he defies the crowd not to believe this is the greatest show on earth. I for one am convinced.”(Telegraph)