- Sharon Osbourne is at war with her brother, David Arden, after he went to News of the World for a vicious tell-all interview. Arden says Sharon lied about a nasty dog mauling at her parents’ home that she claims caused a miscarriage. “In her autobiography she says the dogs tore her arms and legs to shreds but the hospital only treated her for bite puncture wounds. The most unpleasant thing is Sharon blames it all on our parents, claiming they’d bought this out-of-control dog. In fact it was HER gift to a nephew. It was so wild that no one really wanted it, but we’d hung on to it just to keep Sharon happy.”
He also claimed “that Sharon smeared excrement over Sir Elton John‘s Rolls-Royce, sought cosmetic surgery during cancer treatment, and secretly loathes fellow X Factor judges Simon Cowell and Dannii Minogue.” Sharon rebuts Arden’s story in The Mirror, “My brother’s claims are a load of old b******s. He can say whatever he likes about me, but not my family and friends. Say hurtful things about them and I’ll come out fighting…”
One of Arden’s claims that Sharon does own up to is her rocky relationship with singer Courtney Love, whom Sharon claims introduced her son Jack to drugs. “I’m not saying Jack wouldn’t have taken it if she hadn’t given it to him, but I’m appalled that an adult mother would give that to a 15-year-old boy. How could she do that to someone else’s child?”
The irony is that Courtney Love recently accused comedian Steve Coogan of sending Owen Wilson into a suicidal spiral. What comes around, goes around…
- Orlando Bloom is known for being well-behaved. So why does The Daily Mail report the the actor was “slurring and falling around all over the place” at this year’s GQ Men of the Year awards?
- Daniel Radcliffe has a talented tongue and proves it on The Ellen DeGeneres Show. Just Jared has the video clip. I must admit the lad’s a real charmer.
- Ladbrokes is betting on Daniel Radcliffe to become the next Doctor Who.
- Tana Ramsay, wife of Gordon, says that her hubby was just joshing with us when he said he burnt his balls. She told ITV’s This Morning: “As with all men you have to check regularly and he had a dull ache in one of his testicles and so he went to have it checked. You know Gordon, it’s a red rag to a bull, he gets really excited at the story he can make up.” (Digital Spy)
- Jamie Oliver isn’t satisfied with revolutionizing school dinners in the UK. The celeb chef now wants food preparation to become part of every British child’s education: “Kids should be able to do batch cooking, cook a roast, a bunch of salads, pastas and use a freezer so when they become students or parents they can look after themselves as economically as possible.”(The Sun)
- ITV newcaster Sir Trevor McDonald, who is apparently my long-lost father, has been cleared of racism for calling the late comedian Bernard Manning a “fat white bastard.”(BBC)
- Michael Barrymore will NOT be charged for the 2001 death of Stuart Lubbock, whose body was found in Barrymore’s pool.(BBC)
- Top Gear host Richard Hammond is back to his daredevil ways less than a year after nearly dying in a crash. Hammond raced a Bugatti Veyron, “a car capable of speeds of more than 250mph, and which can travel from 0 to 60mph in 2.5 seconds,” reports the BBC.
- How very dare you: Catherine Tate and Little Britain‘s Matt Lucas and David Walliams are consulting lawyers after a Christian organization used their catchphrases on recruitment posters without their permission.(BBC)
- Declan Donnelly, one half of Ant and Dec, was injured while ice skating on the set of the series, Saturday Night Takeaway. A source tells The Sun: “It was a nasty crash and made the audience wince. But the boys still had to finish the show, so Dec had to grin and bear it. Then he called out to the team and they decided on hospital. At least there’s nothing broken. Fortunately it’s a spelling challenge next week.”
- Actor Rupert Everett became a local hero in Venice, Italy after speaking out for free beaches.(Guardian)
- Peaches Geldof evokes comparisons to her late mother, Paula Yates, in her new modeling photos.(Daily Mail)
- Dog Eat Dog host Ulrika Jonsson has announced her engagement to U.S. ad exec, Brian Monet. It will be her third marriage.(Daily Mail)
- Naomi Campbell and friends will strut the catwalk for Britain’s flood victims.(Daily Mail)