- Top Gear presenter Richard Hammond has been in ANOTHER car crash, this time escaping injury. He was racing a BMW 330 DTi Sport in a “24-hour LeMans-style race” on Saturday when he “skidded off track,” reports BBC. But once the car was repaired, he was back racing again. Later on, Hammond quipped, “Reports of my shunt this weekend have been greatly exaggerated.”
- Weakest Link host Anne Robinson, Botoxed Beyond Belief at 62.(Daily Mail)
- Ozzy Osbourne and a teary-eyed Sharon turned out for Kelly Osbourne‘s West End debut in Chicago. However, Amy Winehouse stole the show when she turned up to Kelly’s performance with a swollen, infected-looking finger.
- Kelly Osbourne explains how she lost the weight: “My best tip is to get rid of your microwave. It’s the easiest thing to chuck some three-minute meal in. If you don’t have one, you’ll pick up something fresh.”(Contact Music)
- Jude Law‘s role in a West End production of Hamlet will reunite him with Sleuth director Kenneth Branagh.(BBC)
- Did William Shakespeare really exist? That is the question for a group of British actors.(BBC)
- Harry Potter is now the biggest-grossing movie franchise in history, topping James Bond and Star Wars.(BBC)
- Michael Barrymore is viewed as “damaged goods” by the TV networks, reports The Mirror, even though the police investigation into his involvement with Stuart Lubbock‘s death turned up nada.
- Inspector Rebus may be retiring, but author Ian Rankin tells The Daily Telegraph he may not be done with him yet. Asked if he will pen another Rebus novel, Rankin says, “It would depend on two things. Does the theme and the plot need these characters, and do I still have anything interesting to say about Rebus? Are there still parts of his character that I want to explore? I get the feeling in the back of my mind that there’s still quite a lot I don’t know about him.”
- The Times‘ Dominic Maxwell says Billy Connolly is still Britain’s best comedian: “Every anecdote can call on a crack squad of rhythm, timbre, gesture, poise and infectious enjoyment to get it over. He is the complete comedian. So ordinary material becomes extraordinary; strong material simply soars.”
Latest in Anglophenia Video SeriesView All Episodes
The Latest from Mind The Gap
As we know, this country is huge and varied, so a real bucket list could fill a book. However, there […]Read Now
Wealthy folk in the U.S. and back home in Blighty are a complicated bunch with a rich history and, no […]Read Now
Located in Memphis, Tennessee, the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is the first and only U.S. National Cancer Institute-designated cancer […]Read Now