Latest in Anglophenia Video SeriesView All Episodes
The Latest from Mind The Gap
America’s British population has taken to the web to voice its displeasure at news that U.S. candy giant Hershey has successfully blocked our much loved U.K.-produced chocolate from being exported to the land of the free.Read Now
In the middle of his road trip across America, British filmmaker James Coulson decided he’d seen enough—and applied for U.S. …Read Now
Well, it’s that time of year again when post-Christmas wallets are weighed up and paperwork is gathered for the filing …Read Now
- Pete Doherty: “31 days clean and counting.”(The Sun)
- And look: Pete’s recording his solo album.(NME)
- The members of Blur, including Graham Coxon, will reunite next week over lunch, Alex James tells Gigwise.
- James Blunt, in a mock come-on to Ellen DeGeneres: “I am actually very effeminate.” Not a shocker to the millions who’ve heard him “sing.” (The Sun)
- Shayne Ward doesn’t mind being called “the British Justin Timberlake.” “It’s great to be compared to Justin as he’s the world’s number one star. I really admire what he does, so if I’m going to be compared to anyone, it’s great to be compared to him.” (The Sun)
- Listen to Natasha Bedingfield‘s cover of Madonna‘s “Ray of Light.”
- Charlotte Church thinks naming kids after fruits is silly. So she named her baby after a rock.(Mirror)
- An underage Pixie Geldof boozed it up for her 17th birthday.(Mirror)
- Radiohead will release their new album in March…we think.(NME)
- Amy Winehouse‘s live documentary, I Told You I Was Trouble, is set for a November release.(NME)
- Nicola Roberts of Girls Aloud is considering plans to marry boyfriend Carl Davies. “I like the idea of getting married in a derelict church like Ross and Emily did in Friends and dressing it up in flowers and candles. It would be beautiful.” For people taking note, this marks the second celeb who’s mentioned Ross from Friends in relation to their dream wedding.
- An Ozzy Osbourne zinger: “I met Tony Blair a couple of years ago, and he said to me, ‘I was in a band once, and I could never get the riff to ‘Iron Man’ right,'” recalled Osbourne. “I thought, ‘Why are you telling me about ‘Iron Man’ when there’s a war going on?'”(NME)
- Look who’s back: my palsy-walsy Tanya Bower, who’s been off in Thailand for three months. Welcome back! She sends me a preview of Ricky Gervais‘ Extras Christmas special from iTunes.
View all posts by Kevin Wicks.