- It’s not everyday that George Michael has the opportunity to counsel someone more screwed-up than he is. Thank God then for Amy Winehouse. He tells Radio 4: “This is the best female vocalist I’ve heard in my entire career and one of the best writers, so all I can say (to Amy) is, ‘Please, please understand how brilliant you are’, and I wish her every success in the future.”(Mirror)
- Mark Ronson has “made up” with Amy Winehouse.(Mirror)
- Ronson’s photo shoot in GQ Magazine.(Arjan Writes)
- The Dave Clark Five have been shortlisted for this year’s Rock ‘n’ Roll Hall of Fame, alongside artists like Chic, Donna Summer, and Madonna.(Stereogum)
- PJ Harvey has re-discovered her Englishness for her new album, White Chalk. She tells The Guardian: “I feel more English these days. I’ve become more and more aware that I’m an English woman, and I wanted to sing as an English woman. I grew up listening to blues music, and every record I ever heard was sung by Americans. You can’t help but have that in your blood when it’s all you hear, and I almost had to get back to who I am, and how I speak, and where I come from.”
- Doesn’t it suck when you’re a celebrity judge on a TV talent show and mention aloud how bad you want to f**k the contestants – and remember, Whoops! My microphone’s on? Not a good day for Lily Allen.(The Sun)
- Kate Moss has co-writing credits on four new Babyshambles tracks.
- The cover of Spin Magazine’s “Spirit of ’77″ punk issue features a young John Lydon, photographed popping a zit.(Idolator)
- Mick Jagger reflects on his solo career in The Times.
- Former Jam frontman Paul Weller is still dividing critics. Paolo Hewitt in The Guardian wonders if classism comes into play .
Top 10 Posts