- It’s not everyday that George Michael has the opportunity to counsel someone more screwed-up than he is. Thank God then for Amy Winehouse. He tells Radio 4: “This is the best female vocalist I’ve heard in my entire career and one of the best writers, so all I can say (to Amy) is, ‘Please, please understand how brilliant you are’, and I wish her every success in the future.”(Mirror)
- Mark Ronson has “made up” with Amy Winehouse.(Mirror)
- Ronson’s photo shoot in GQ Magazine.(Arjan Writes)
- The Dave Clark Five have been shortlisted for this year’s Rock ‘n’ Roll Hall of Fame, alongside artists like Chic, Donna Summer, and Madonna.(Stereogum)
- PJ Harvey has re-discovered her Englishness for her new album, White Chalk. She tells The Guardian: “I feel more English these days. I’ve become more and more aware that I’m an English woman, and I wanted to sing as an English woman. I grew up listening to blues music, and every record I ever heard was sung by Americans. You can’t help but have that in your blood when it’s all you hear, and I almost had to get back to who I am, and how I speak, and where I come from.”
- Doesn’t it suck when you’re a celebrity judge on a TV talent show and mention aloud how bad you want to f**k the contestants – and remember, Whoops! My microphone’s on? Not a good day for Lily Allen.(The Sun)
- Kate Moss has co-writing credits on four new Babyshambles tracks.
- The cover of Spin Magazine’s “Spirit of ’77″ punk issue features a young John Lydon, photographed popping a zit.(Idolator)
- Mick Jagger reflects on his solo career in The Times.
- Former Jam frontman Paul Weller is still dividing critics. Paolo Hewitt in The Guardian wonders if classism comes into play .
Latest in Anglophenia Video SeriesView All Episodes
The Latest from Mind The Gap
Like any other language, American has its idioms. Some are very similar to British English, and it’s not difficult for […]Read Now
It’s not just the work of Will Shakespeare that makes it across the Atlantic. British dramas, comedies, and high-energy musicals […]Read Now