Latest in Anglophenia Video SeriesView All Episodes
The Latest from Mind The Gap
As if getting to grips with a multitude of new Christmas customs wasn’t already a challenge for Brits in America, […]Read Now
Toby Whithouse, creator of BBC AMERICA’s 1970s-set spy drama The Game and the original U.S. Being Human, joined us, tweeting […]Read Now
Sienna Miller may be attached to Brother & Sisters star Matthew Rhys. However, The Mirror reports that the actress and Rhys Ifans are “getting on like a house on fire.” (The Sun even has a photo of Ifans copping a feel off of Sienna’s left breast.) But wait – the Mirror contradicts itself in another article, which claims Rhys “only has eyes for model Iris Palmer.” Hmmm. Sienna herself says nothing’s happening with Mr. Ifans: “Rhys and I are just friends, we’ve known each other for years, we are definitely not sleeping together. He’s crashing on my couch because his boat is flooded and I’m being the good samaritan and providing him with a roof over his head.”
In other news:
- The Stephen Colbert/Richard Branson waterfight is up on Dailymotion. Kinda underwhelming.
- A friend of Mel B. says new husband Stephen Belafonte is a “sleaze” and that Mel and her mother no longer speak because of her marriage.(Mirror)
- Britney Spears wants to leave America and head to London, say sources. I’d say that’s out of the frying pan and into fire, no?(Daily Mail)
- Geri Haliwell is getting hot-and-heavy with her new man, the son of a KGB Spy.(Daily Mail)
- Editors of London tabloids voiced some responsibility, if not a full-on apology, for Princess Diana‘s death. I, personally, don’t think anyone in the media should apologize; it was a very tragic accident.(Guardian)
- Gordon Ramsay will revamp the menu of an entire restaurant chain on an episode of Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares. (The Sun)
- Warning: spoiler alert! A very popular star is leaving Hollyoaks for Hollywood, according to The Sun.
- The Sun has clips of Saxondale‘s second season premiere.
- Little Britain‘s David Walliams couldn’t stop laughing at his co-stars’ antics on the set of David Schwimmer‘s new British comedy.(The Sun)
- The Daily Mail has dubbed BBC newscasts “Thighwatch” due to the female newsreaders’ provocative hemlines. Reportedly, the network has fielded complaints that there has been too much leg showing.
See more posts by Kevin Wicks
Kevin Wicks founded BBCAmerica.com's Anglophenia blog back in 2005 and has been translating British culture for an American audience ever since. While not British himself - he was born and raised in St. Louis, Missouri - he once received inordinate hospitality in London for sharing the name of a dead but beloved EastEnders character. His Anglophilia stems from a high school love of Morrissey, whom he calls his "gateway drug" into British culture.