- Before you blow a bulb in your pretty little head, calm down and take a deep breath: this story comes from WENN. But could Harry Lloyd, who plays Will Scarlett on BBC AMERICA’s Robin Hood, be the next Doctor Who? Lloyd played the villainous Baines last season on the series. WENN quotes Russell T. Davies: “After his audition I sent a note to the casting director saying, ‘He’s not just good for Baines (his character), that’s the next Doctor.Seriously. He’s so brilliant.” But would they really go that young?
- David Beckham sparked a brawl during a Los Angeles Galaxy match when he was tackled by Chivas player Jesse Marsch. Beckham charged at Marsch, and the two players exchanged heated words; only when teammates got involved did things become physical. Watch it on YouTube.
- Victoria Beckham tells The Mirror that she wants to have an American baby. “We’d like to have another – maybe next year,” says Victoria, 33. “He or she might be lucky enough to have dual nationality.” Great, now we’ll never be rid of them!
- There will be no Celebrity Big Brother in 2008, Channel 4 says, signaling an end to the franchise. As The Times reports, this year’s celeb-free series of Big Brother has been a “ratings flop” and the Jade Goody/Shilpa Shetty racism row of 2006 has seriously damaged the network. Execs from Channel 4 tell The Times that the network will focus on dramas.
- Atonement director Joe Wright is no novice, in spite of having helmed only two movies. He tells The Daily Telegraph: “I’d made 14 hour’s worth of TV drama before ever making a feature. It was nice on Pride and Prejudice – everyone treated me like a first-time director. But actually I’d done a bit of this before.”
- Brits are leaving the UK in record numbers, The Telegraph suggests 30 reasons to stay in Britain. No. 17: “Here, you can walk on pavements where dog owners clear up after their mutts, unlike much of France, which is close to being buried under a rising brown drift.”
- The Times lists the 50 best day trips in the UK.
Top 10 Posts