- Amy Winehouse has, indeed, gone to rehab, checking herself into The Priory, Britain’s answer to Betty Ford. A source tells about Winehouse’s journey to the bottom: The Daily Mail: “She looked like a zombie – white as a sheet and trembling. And I’ll never forget her eyes. They were dead, like a shark. Even Amy says she will be dead within one year.”
- Pete Doherty plans to have his Kate Moss tattoo lasered off.(Contact Music)
- Melanie Brown‘s fellow Spice Girls were just as surprised as the rest of us when they learned she’d gotten hitched. Brown didn’t even tell her own daughter, Phoenix.
- It has been revealed that Stephen Belafonte, husband of Melanie Brown, was arrested for attacking the mother of children in 2003. And Brown knew about this before marrying him. The Mirror reports, “Film producer Belafonte admitted lashing out at Nicole Contreras, the mum of his young daughter, at her Beverly Hills home. Nicole was left with visible injuries – and Belafonte was so overcome with rage he was accused of spitting in her mobile phone.” Perhaps this guy’s better suited for Naomi Campbell…
- On last night’s Larry King, Melanie and her lawyer Gloria Allred refused to confirm that they are seeking a $9 million house from Eddie Murphy. Allred said: “Any kind of issue regarding finances will be dealt with in a court of law and that’s the proper place. But we are here to say that he has not even asked to visit his baby. He hasn’t asked. We’d like nothing more than that and this baby will always know that her mother fought for that – asked that the father be part of her life. Whether he does or not, this mother tried.”
- Emma Bunton a.k.a. Baby Spice has a bundle of joy of her own. (Guardian)
- The Spice Girls want to open the Fashion Rocks concert at London’s Royal Albert Hall, but organizers are trying to lock down Britney Spears.(Mirror)
- Lily Allen may get her own BBC show in which she gives advice to teenagers. Um, don’t think that’s such a good idea given her recent troubles…(Gigwise)
- Will Nike swipe David Beckham when his Adidas endorsement deal runs out next year?(Page Six)
- The Beckhams are slathering themselves in French skin cream in fear that the California sun will age them.(Digital Spy)
- Will Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow adopt to extend their already robust brood?(Digital Spy)
- The Independent talks to the new KT Tunstall, 19-year-old Glaswegian singer-songwriter Amy Macdonald. Here’s the video for her latest single, “Mr. Rock & Roll.”
- Look at the beautiful people: footballer Ashley Cole and wife Cheryl get dolled up for an evening out.(NME)
- Róisín Murphy‘s “Modern Timing” is a free download over at Arjan Writes.
- Kate Bush‘s cover of Elton John‘s “Rocket Man” is leading an Observer Music poll.