- That Melanie Brown is full of surprises: she has been married for two months to her “producer boyfriend” Stephen Belafonte. The lovebirds had a quickie wedding in Vegas on June 6th, reports BBC. Her spokesperson says, “The couple, who are both 32, had wanted to keep the ceremony out of the public eye as they planned a more formal wedding for friends and family later in the year. Melanie and Stephen felt that they were at a good point in their lives and wanted to make a private commitment to each other. They have been good friends for many years.” Um, so Mel B.’s 32, huh? *Snort*
- Perez Hilton has the inside scoop on Mr. Belafonte. Perhaps he’s not as pristine as he seems: “Mel is also not talking to many dear friends that have questioned her relationship with the dubious player. ‘Stephen’s real last name is Standsbury, but he changed it to Belafonte so that people would think he wasrelated to Harry,’ reveals one insider. ‘Stephen has a very shady past!’”
- Helena Bonham Carter has announced that she and director Tim Burton are expecting a second child.(Daily Mail)
- While Tom Cruise is learning Brit slang, the Beckhams are becoming Americanized. “We’re starting to say trunk instead of boot, trash instead of rubbish, that kind of thing,” says Victoria Beckham.(Mirror)
- Kate Moss was seen out with a mystery man who’s a dead ringer for Pete Doherty.(Daily Mail)
- New Yorkers may spot estranged spouses Paul McCartney and Heather Mills vacationing out in the Hamptons together.(Contact Music)
- Diddy‘s ex Kim Porter says he and Sienna Miller are “just friends.”(Mirror)
- Billy Elliot actor Jamie Bell has signed on to Ed Zwick‘s Defiance, in which Daniel Craig and Liev Schreiber play “Jewish brothers who escape Nazi-occupied Poland and head into the forest to join Russian resistance fighters and try to save the lives of other Jews.” (Variety)
- The Guardian‘s Jason Solomons says that a shot in Joe Wright‘s adaptation of Atonement “could be the best single shot in British cinema.” Several readers suggested the final shot of The Third Man as their choice, and I couldn’t agree more.
- Even Keeley Hawes looks embarrassed wearing this off-the-shoulder ’80s get-up for the Life On Mars spin-off, Ashes To Ashes. The Sun has a very upsetting photo.
- Actor Bob Hoskins holds a grudge against the directors of one of his biggest flops, the Super Marios Bros. movie. “(It was) the worst thing I ever did. Super Mario Brothers. It was a nightmare. It had a husband-and-wife directing, whose arrogance had been mistaken for talent. After so many weeks their own agent told them to get off the set. F**king nightmare. F**king idiots.” (Contact Music)
Latest in Anglophenia Video SeriesView All Episodes
The Latest from Mind The Gap
Wealthy folk in the U.S. and back home in Blighty are a complicated bunch with a rich history and, no […]Read Now
Located in Memphis, Tennessee, the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is the first and only U.S. National Cancer Institute-designated cancer […]Read Now
What better way to nurse our World Cup hangovers than with the giddy anticipation and eager optimism that every new […]Read Now