Brenda Blethyn returns to the U.S. in season five of Vera on Monday, July 6, and she’s asking all the …Read Now
Amy Winehouse Is the New Liza Minnelli, In Case You Didn’t Know
- Guess, just guess, who said this about Amy Winehouse: “I love that beehive she wears, I love her tattoos, I’d lick her toes. I’m in love with Amy, I’d like to lick the inside of her hair – I’d probably find KFC stuck in it. I’d even lick the gap in her teeth. Everyone knows I’ve got a good tongue!” (Mirror)
- Popjustice has the new James Blunt single and – SHOCKER – they LOVE it.
- Mel B. wants to legally confirm that Eddie Murphy‘s the father of Love Angel Music Baby…er, Angel Iris Murphy Brown.(BBC)
- Elton John says he wants the Internet closed down (which would mean me out of a job…thanks, Grandma.) (The Sun)
- You can watch never-before-seen Beatles footage over at NME.(NME)
- Is the UK’s Big Brother a window into Britain’s failed public education system?(The Independent)
- The Guardian has a 10-point plan to save Big Brother – and that includes firing host Davina McCall.
- Jade Goody has apparently nicked Pete Doherty‘s bottle of peroxide.
- Madonna and Guy Ritchie are the most fashionable celeb couple, according to In Style. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie (who may be splitsville if today’s reports are true) are No. 2, and Posh ‘n’ Becks have to settle for No. 3.
- Photos of a grouchy-looking Jude Law in L.A. He’s in town shooting Repossession Mambo, co-starring Oscar winner Forest Whitaker.
- Cheryl Cole of Girls Aloud dons a sexy swimsuit for a phone service ad.(The Sun)
- Alex Turner of Arctic Monkeys and Miles Kane of The Rascals will join forces for a side project.(The Sun)
- A Los Angeles man is suing Rod Stewart‘s son, Sean, for assault and battery. This is in addition to the criminal charges Sean faces for allegedly hitting a couple with a brick. Nice guy. (E!)
- The Sun suggests some new characters for Matt Lucas and David Walliams‘ HBO show.
- Led Zeppelin tracks will finally be made available on iTunes on November 12th.(Gizmodo)
- Did Sally Wainwright, writer of At Home with the Braithwaites, steal the premise for her new sitcom from an existing play? Wainwright is being sued by playwright Tricia Walsh-Smith, who claims Wainwright’s comedy Bonkers has striking similarities to a play she wrote in 1987. (The Stage)
- A black actress will put on “whiteface” to play Queen Elizabeth II in a Stratford East staging of Jean Genet‘s The Blacks. From The Stage: “The production will feature a company of 13 black actors, five of whom will play the Queen, her footman, an ambassador, a judge and a missionary. These performers will be ‘whited-up’ and positioned in a royal box watching the play within a play. According to a spokesperson for the show, the actress playing the Queen will be made ‘as close a facsimile of Queen Elizabeth II as we can manage’.”