- Writer Germaine Greer, talking to an Australian magazine, calls Princess Diana “devious,” “slow” and “disturbingly neurotic”, according to Page Six. She continues: “Of the four Spencer children, Diana was the slowest . . . [Her] death may have resulted indirectly from [one] of her back-handed manipulations – it is said that she only went to Paris with her late lover Dodi Fayed in order to make heart surgeon Hasnat Khan jealous.” The cult of Lady Di has already issued a fatwa.
- Kate Middleton‘s got her freakum dress on.(Daily Mail)
- So it’s true: Kelly Osbourne will play Mama Morton in a London staging of Chicago, proving that anyone with a public profile can tread the boards these days. (What’s next: Cherie Blair as Roxie Hart?) The Daily Mail has photos of a “slimmed down” Osbourne gussied up in matron regalia. Doesn’t she look a bit more Velma Kelly than Mama Morton?
- Ozzy Osbourne was treated and released in a Denver hospital on Saturday for a “minor ailment.” A Denver NBC affiliate reported that it was surgery for a blood clot.(Yahoo)
- Great White Shark sightings off the coast of Cornwall have led to hysteria. Of course, The Sun is fuelling the flames.
- Actor Mike Reid, who played Frank Butcher on EastEnders, died suddenly in Spain of a “suspected heart attack,” according to the BBC. He was 67.(BBC)
- A rare happy sighting of Madonna and Guy Ritchie.(Mirror)
- Lewis Hamilton‘s girlfriend, Jodia Ma, flew 6,000 miles from Hong Kong to be with her racer boyfriend.(Sunday Mirror)
- Kimberly Stewart calls stepmum Penny Lancaster her rock and laments the fates of friends Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan. “It’s very sad what is happening to Lindsay. I think the problem is partly because there are too many hangers-on in LA and it’s important to have real friends and people you can trust.”(Sunday Mirror)
- Keira Knightley and Rupert Friend are said to be househunting.
- The Guardian lists the top ten British dotcoms. Dopplr, a “social networking” site “for frequent travelers” is No. 1.
The Latest from Mind The Gap
Join us on Twitter (@MindTheGap_BBCA) for a #MindTheChat at a special time, Thursday, July 24 at 2-3 pm ET, when […]Read Now
Every year, thousands of Brits move permanently to the U.S., while even more spend some time here as part of […]Read Now