- Writer Germaine Greer, talking to an Australian magazine, calls Princess Diana “devious,” “slow” and “disturbingly neurotic”, according to Page Six. She continues: “Of the four Spencer children, Diana was the slowest . . . [Her] death may have resulted indirectly from [one] of her back-handed manipulations – it is said that she only went to Paris with her late lover Dodi Fayed in order to make heart surgeon Hasnat Khan jealous.” The cult of Lady Di has already issued a fatwa.
- Kate Middleton‘s got her freakum dress on.(Daily Mail)
- So it’s true: Kelly Osbourne will play Mama Morton in a London staging of Chicago, proving that anyone with a public profile can tread the boards these days. (What’s next: Cherie Blair as Roxie Hart?) The Daily Mail has photos of a “slimmed down” Osbourne gussied up in matron regalia. Doesn’t she look a bit more Velma Kelly than Mama Morton?
- Ozzy Osbourne was treated and released in a Denver hospital on Saturday for a “minor ailment.” A Denver NBC affiliate reported that it was surgery for a blood clot.(Yahoo)
- Great White Shark sightings off the coast of Cornwall have led to hysteria. Of course, The Sun is fuelling the flames.
- Actor Mike Reid, who played Frank Butcher on EastEnders, died suddenly in Spain of a “suspected heart attack,” according to the BBC. He was 67.(BBC)
- A rare happy sighting of Madonna and Guy Ritchie.(Mirror)
- Lewis Hamilton‘s girlfriend, Jodia Ma, flew 6,000 miles from Hong Kong to be with her racer boyfriend.(Sunday Mirror)
- Kimberly Stewart calls stepmum Penny Lancaster her rock and laments the fates of friends Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan. “It’s very sad what is happening to Lindsay. I think the problem is partly because there are too many hangers-on in LA and it’s important to have real friends and people you can trust.”(Sunday Mirror)
- Keira Knightley and Rupert Friend are said to be househunting.
- The Guardian lists the top ten British dotcoms. Dopplr, a “social networking” site “for frequent travelers” is No. 1.
Latest in Anglophenia Video SeriesView All Episodes
The Latest from Mind The Gap
As we know, this country is huge and varied, so a real bucket list could fill a book. However, there […]Read Now
Wealthy folk in the U.S. and back home in Blighty are a complicated bunch with a rich history and, no […]Read Now
Located in Memphis, Tennessee, the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is the first and only U.S. National Cancer Institute-designated cancer […]Read Now