Pete Doherty: Kate Moss Is “A Nasty Old Rag,” Relationship Was Abusive
Pete Doherty wants Kate Moss back, but the junkie rocker has a funny way of showing it. First, he’s done a tell-all interview with The Mirror, which, of course, is the paper that outed Kate’s little nose-candy habit two years ago. Secondly, he declares her “a nasty old rag” with “an awful temper” and refers to their romance as an “abusive relationship.” (He sure knows how to sweet-talk a lady.) And third, he blames her for their breakup:
“Kate – a nasty old rag. We fell out for the same old reason. She accused me of f****** this girl who lives around the corner.
“We were watching a DVD together and Kate started going ‘I could tell by the way you were sitting back there that you’ve f****d her’. I said ‘You’re out of your f****** mind’.
“I was really up for some peace and love that morning. I wasn’t up for being called a c*** and being kicked in the head.
“She’s got an awful temper. I grabbed a guitar and books and said ‘I’m never going to be treated this way again’.”
Still, like the proverbial “battered wife,” he says he wants her back, using the Mirror as his platform:
“Kate has broken my heart.
“There’s been this lockdown and I can’t get hold of her. This is the only way I can get through.
“I need her to know that she’s out of her f***ing mind. Kate, if you love me then realize I don’t want any other girl…”
Well, that whole getting-married-to-another-woman part kinda throws salt in a man’s game, doesn’t it?:
Incredibly, wayward Doherty has since proposed to a stunning Parisian artist named Christine he met on the day Kate dumped him.
He is set to marry her in November. But, in his heart he still yearns for Kate to take him back.
The star candidly admitted: “I made rather a rash gesture. It was more in a fit of anger. I asked this bird Christine to marry me.
“She’s gone back to Paris and I don’t know what to do.”
Hmmm, sounds like Mr. Doherty forgot the part in rehab about taking responsibility for your own life.
In related news: Pete Doherty says Kate Moss “hasn’t touched hard drugs” – outside of”the odd spliff” – since that Mirror article back in 2005.
In other news:
- Paul Potts has gotten his teeth fixed, and Now Magazine has photos.
- A cool $1.5 million will land you John Lennon‘s “Imagine” spectacles.(Sky)
- Nadine Coyle of Girls Aloud plans to move to America to “open a chain of Irish bars.”(Contact Music)
- Elton John says a shared love of football brought him closer to his estranged father.(Contact Music)
- How edgy: British rockers Hard-Fi will release an album with NO COVER ART.(Idolator)
- Mark Ronson has re-mixed Bob Dylan‘s “Most Likely You Go Your Way (And I’ll Go Mine).” Check it out over at Stereogum.
- Paul Weller has announced that he isn’t retiring after the release of his next album.(Contact Music)
- Learn how to play your favorite Blur, KT Tunstall, and Supergrass hits from the actual artists. The UK site Now Play It offers video tutorials from your favorite rockers. (Pitchfork)