It must be pretty cool being Maisie Williams these days. The young actress has one of the best gigs in town starring …Read Now
Patrick Wolf Slams Mika? Also: Amy Winehouse’s Live Show a Shambles
- Patrick Wolf, who supported Mika at London’s Somerset House, calls the “Grace Kelly” singer a “twat.” Of course, in this celebrity catfight, I’m on Team Wolf all the way. (Pitchfork)
- The Mirror, The Sun, The Daily Mail air their “fresh concerns” about Amy Winehouse‘s well-being after a “wobbly” performance at Cornwall’s Eden Project. Amy reportedly “spat at her fans,” and The Mirror says, “The singer appeared to be in tears during this week’s appearance, hitting herself on the head with her microphone in frustration as she fluffed her lines.”
- Lily Allen flashes her third nipple.(Mirror)
- Stereogum alerts us to KT Tunstall‘s new song, “Hold On” and Morrissey‘s latest track, which is either about Paris, France or Paris Hilton.
- Prince William has invited Kate Middleton to Camilla‘s 60th birthday party. This was reported in the Telegraph, not The Sun, by the way.
- Jordan and Peter Andre have named their daughter “Bunny,” which certainly pre-determines her future employment choices.(Digital Spy)
- Ricky Gervais, a Best Actor Emmy nominee today for Extras, calls his critics “f**king c**ts.”(Mirror)
- Jekyll star James Nesbitt reveals his wild, “hell-raising actor” side to The Times: “I was attracted by the Burton and O’Toole legend. I thought they had a bit of b****cks, you know. There is something sanitized about that world now. I don’t do it on set but I like the idea of having a bit of a lash. Thank God I’m able to be incredibly disciplined. I’ve always loved a party and I like drinking but I’m also able not to drink. I keep well and healthy and fit and also I’ve got a wife and two kids.”
- Just days after being robbed in her own home, Kerry Katona has checked into rehab, citing a “flare-up” of bipolar disorder.(Mirror)
- Sandi Thom and her band reportedly destroyed a French hotel room, “throwing wine all over the carpet and the walls – and some even threw up on the carpet.”(Mirror)
- What’s eating Victoria Beckham‘s thighs?(Daily Mail)
- Is David Beckham regretting his L.A. move after a humiliating first-game loss for the Galaxy?(The Sun)
- Jonathan Ross‘ “MILF” comment about celeb chef Nigella Lawson caused quite a ruckus, but the BBC says he didn’t breach any editorial standards.(Daily Mail)
- Catherine Zeta-Jones had to talk to her dad on the phone to get her Welsh accent back for a movie voiceover.(Daily Mail)
- Scottish band Biffy Clyro covers Rhianna‘s “Umbrella.” (BBC)
- The Daily Telegraph‘s Neil McCormick critiques this year’s Mercury Prize nominees.
- Bruno Tonioli‘s BBC show Dance X is coming to America; Tonioli will be joined by his Dancing With the Stars judge, Carrie Ann Inaba, and they will compete to put together their own dance troupes.(Variety)