- ITV will celebrate what would have been Marc Bolan‘s 60th birthday with a documentary in September. Bolan’s much-maligned partner Gloria Jones, who was driving the car that killed Bolan in 1977, will be featured in the special.(The Sun)
- ITV admits to faking scenes in the Victoria Beckham documentary, er, excuse me, entertainment special. “We wanted to ensure viewers were aware that some of the sequences were created for dramatic effect in this entertainment special,” said an ITV spokesperson. (The Sun)
- The Guardian serves up two posts (here and here) about how dreadful Victoria Beckham‘s special was.
- Just Jared has three galleries of Beckham family photos: The Beckman boys at soccer practice, Romeo Beckham inciting a water fight, and the Beckhams leaving T.G.I. Fridays.
- Lauren “Am I bovvered?” Cooper will be killed off from The Catherine Tate Show, say sources. And the killer is rumored to be singer George Michael, reports The Sun, which basically confirms Lauren’s death will involve cannabis and a wayward Mercedes.
- Mel. B says boyfriend Stephen Belafonte packs more heat than the “Beverly Hills C**k,” a.k.a. her baby-daddy Eddie Murphy(The Sun)
- Lee Mead‘s performance in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat doesn’t quite reach Connie Fisher heights, say critics. Fisher, who also won an Andrew Lloyd Webber reality show, received raves playing Maria von Trapp in The Sound of Music. The BBC has a selection of review excerpts for Mead’s first run as Joseph; most say Mead is charming and amiable, and more than one reviewer mentions how nicely he “fills out a loincloth.”
- Robert Carlyle will star in the spy film I Know You Know, written and directed by Justin Kerrigan (Human Traffic).(Guardian)
- Amy Winehouse *finally* plays a show.(NME)
- Popjustice reveals the shortlist for the 20 Quid Music Prize, their anti-Mercury Prize.
- Arjan Writes has a two-part interview with Siobhan Donaghy.
- The View are covering a Libertines song for the 50th anniversary of Radio One. Entertainmentwise speculates that the band will remake “Don’t Look Back Into the Sun.”
Latest in Anglophenia Video SeriesView All Episodes
The Latest from Mind The Gap
As we know, this country is huge and varied, so a real bucket list could fill a book. However, there […]Read Now
Wealthy folk in the U.S. and back home in Blighty are a complicated bunch with a rich history and, no […]Read Now
Located in Memphis, Tennessee, the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is the first and only U.S. National Cancer Institute-designated cancer […]Read Now