Do you find yourself feeling guilty because you sometimes secretly cheer for the villainous Moriarty in Sherlock? We don’t blame …Read Now
J.K. Rowling Furious Over Harry Potter Spoilers in Reviews
- J.K. Rowling is incensed that the New York Times and Baltimore Sun spoiled the ending to the final Harry Potter: “I am staggered that some American newspapers have decided to publish purported spoilers in the form of reviews, in complete disregard of the wishes of millions of readers, particularly children.”(Scotsman)
- I guess you can write The View off the contender list for the Mercury Prize: “It doesn’t really mean anything,” says bassist Kieran Webster.(NME)
- The fictional Rock Rivals, which is set against the backdrop of an American Idol-like reality show, will blend fiction and reality, allowing viewers to vote on its ending.(BBC)
- Amy Winehouse‘s Facebook intervention?(The Sun)
- When Sting dines out at a restaurant, he brings his own chef to cook for him? Doesn’t that defeat the purpose?(The Sun)
- Andy Rourke and Mike Joyce remember the Smiths split for a documentary soon to be out on DVD. BBC has quotes.
- The Guardian website will stream the first episode of the HBO series, The Wire, starting tomorrow.
- Alan McGee reveals the little-known punk records that changed his life.(Guardian)
- The Hoosiers, whose song “Worried About Ray” is a Top 10 smash, talk to the BBC.
- The gentrification of fish-and-chips.(Guardian)
- What celebs would look like if they weren’t famous: I think Paris Hilton and Michael Douglas are major improvements.(The Sun)
- Keira Knightley‘s Atonement isn’t kid’s stuff.(Daily Mail)