This is an altogether more futuristic set than Maisie Williams is normally used to from Game of Thrones, although if …Read Now
J.K. Rowling Furious Over Harry Potter Spoilers in Reviews
- J.K. Rowling is incensed that the New York Times and Baltimore Sun spoiled the ending to the final Harry Potter: “I am staggered that some American newspapers have decided to publish purported spoilers in the form of reviews, in complete disregard of the wishes of millions of readers, particularly children.”(Scotsman)
- I guess you can write The View off the contender list for the Mercury Prize: “It doesn’t really mean anything,” says bassist Kieran Webster.(NME)
- The fictional Rock Rivals, which is set against the backdrop of an American Idol-like reality show, will blend fiction and reality, allowing viewers to vote on its ending.(BBC)
- Amy Winehouse‘s Facebook intervention?(The Sun)
- When Sting dines out at a restaurant, he brings his own chef to cook for him? Doesn’t that defeat the purpose?(The Sun)
- Andy Rourke and Mike Joyce remember the Smiths split for a documentary soon to be out on DVD. BBC has quotes.
- The Guardian website will stream the first episode of the HBO series, The Wire, starting tomorrow.
- Alan McGee reveals the little-known punk records that changed his life.(Guardian)
- The Hoosiers, whose song “Worried About Ray” is a Top 10 smash, talk to the BBC.
- The gentrification of fish-and-chips.(Guardian)
- What celebs would look like if they weren’t famous: I think Paris Hilton and Michael Douglas are major improvements.(The Sun)
- Keira Knightley‘s Atonement isn’t kid’s stuff.(Daily Mail)