Red Nose Day arrived at NBC yesterday, and among the fun and hoopla, an avalanche of British stars turning out …Read Now
Preston and Chantelle Call it Quits; The “Beatles” Reunite on Larry King
- Preston and Chantelle have split, an event so momentous both The Guardian and The Sun are covering it with equal interest.
- A Beatles reunion, or the closest we’ll ever get to one: Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Yoko Ono, and Olivia Harrison all appeared on Larry King Live last night.(Daily Mail)
- George Michael has avoided an HIV test in fear he’ll learn that he’s positive, he revealed to Stephen Fry in a documentary airing this fall. (The Sun)
- He better not do this at Madison Square Garden on Saturday, or I’ll be pissed: Morrissey walked off stage at his Boston concert – and cancelled the rest of the show. “A few minutes passed with the crowd hooting for his return, but the cheers turned to boos when a spokesman took the stage and announced that the singer’s voice was shot and he wouldn’t be returning.”
- Hugh Grant and Jemima Khan are back on, and may even be headed down the aisle, reports Page Six.
- Will Victoria Beckham guest-star on Ugly Betty? (Digital Spy)
- The Daily Mail says The Spice Girls’ voices will be digitally enhanced for their live gigs.
- The Spice Girls will follow in Take That‘s footsteps and do a tell-all documentary about their reunion.(Digital Spy)
- While being interviewed by Spin magazine, Amy Winehouse pulled what The Sun calls “her sickest stunt yet – etching ‘I love Blake’ into her stomach using a shard of broken mirror – in front of the magazine’s reporter and photographer.”
- Mutya Buena says she’s worried about Amy’s weight loss.(Mirror)
- According to The Sun, Johnny Borrell won’t speak to Pete Doherty until he’s off drugs.
- Pete and Kate Moss roamed Glastobury in disguise. “Obviously walking around can be a bit of a hassle, so we got up in disguise,” he told BBC 6 Music. “I had a poncho with a long black wig, she had long black hair and make-up. We had a bit of a dance and it was alright.”(Digital Spy)
- Joss Stone apologized to singer/actress Christina Milian for bad-mouthing her by mistake in an interview.(The Sun)
- Could the BBC premiere a brand-new daytime soap set in Liverpool to replace Neighbours? The Liverpool Daily Post says that Cracker creator Jimmy McGovern and Brookside producer Colin McKeown are in talks with the network.Found via The Stage.
- UK band Editors snubbed an invitation to Sienna Miller‘s party.(Mirror)
- Patrick Wolf gets in the magic position for Burberry.(Arjan Writes)
- Brandon Flowers says The Killers won’t likely play Glastonbury again. “If we ever come back, we’ll be The Who’s age.”(NME)
- Depeche Mode‘s Dave Gahan will release his second solo album, Hourglass, in October.(NME)