Red Nose Day arrived at NBC yesterday, and among the fun and hoopla, an avalanche of British stars turning out …Read Now
Paul Potts Sweeps into America; Jamie Oliver Shrugs Off Terrorists
- Fresh off his Britain’s Got Talent win, opera singer Paul Potts (a.k.a. Pavapotty) is already working on his American crossover, performing before the crowd at Rockefeller Plaza on The Today Show. Watch his interview with Meredith Viera and performance on YouTube or MSNBC.
- The man doesn’t even have an album out and, already, people are talking about a movie of Paul Potts‘s life. Paging Nick Frost…(Mirror)
- Jamie Oliver says he isn’t worried about those Cornish terrorists: “I do not feel threatened by it because actions speak louder than words. I just think the answer to their worries is government, not a couple of poxy chefs.” Celeb chef Rick Stein was also targeted by the CNLA.(The Sun)
- Plot twist: Louis Walsh will return as a judge on X-Factor in spite of his bitter and unceremonious dumping earlier this year. He’ll join Simon Cowell, Sharon Osbourne, and new addition Dannii Minogue on the panel starting next Monday, reports The Guardian. Guardian blogger Stephen Brook couldn’t be more stoked.
- Richard Hammond‘s Top Gear crash was caused by a “catastrophic failure of the Vampire’s front offside tire at 288 mph on the seventh high-speed run of the day,” reports the Health and Safety Executive. No charges will be brought, but the BBC was cited for “failings.”(BBC)
- Hammond will meet his hero, stunt legend Evel Knievel, in a BBC documentary in which Hammond recounts his near-fatal crash.(Mirror)
- The Daily Mail‘s Baz Bamigboye raves about director Joe Wright‘s adaptation of Ian McEwan‘s Atonement, starring James McAvoy and Keira Knightley: “Atonement is the must-see film of the year, and the most fascinating thing (and the factor that cheers me the most) is that it has been made by the very best of our British movie talent – talent that we’re going to see at the BAFTAs and the Oscars next year.”
- The Mirror profiles British Bollywood star Upen Patel, who’s “bigger than Beckham, has more clout than Clooney, and boasts better pecs than Pitt.” Since the Mirror didn’t have the common decency to post a photo of this Adonis, here’s a link to his fansite.