Looking older but as sharp-witted and energetic as ever, the five living members of Britain’s beloved Monty Python were the …Read Now
Morrissey Cancels More Gigs; Joss Stone Takes On Perez Hilton
- Still ill: Morrissey has been hit with a throat infection and has cancelled two more shows, according to Pitchfork. “Under doctor’s orders not to sing for the next three days, the boy with the thorn in his larynx has been forced to cancel two dates: tonight’s gig in Northampton, Massachusetts, and Friday’s set in Philly. Plans are currently underway to reschedule the dates by the time Moz croons again. Saturday night’s show at New York City’s Madison Square Garden (and all subsequent gigs) are scheduled [to] go off as planned.”
- It’s war between Joss Stone and blogger Perez Hilton: to retaliate against Perez’s insinuation that she screws producers for records, Joss has released a parody video imploring viewers to donate to the “Help Perez Foundation.” Found via NME.
- England hates Joss Stone…does it hate Lily Allen, too?(Contact Music)
- Noel Gallagher explains why Oasis’ third album, Be Here Now, was such a piece of shite: it came too soon after their worldwide breakthrough, (What’s the Story) Morning Glory. OK, so how do they explain the rest of their career?
(In The News)
- Blur bassist Alex James says he wishes he had written Oasis‘ “Wonderwall.” This sick lovefest between the bands has simply gotten out of hand.(Mirror)
- Chantelle has gone home to her mother’s while Preston dumps her crap out on the street. Someone snag a Prada bag for me, OK?(Daily Mail)
- David Beckham and Kate Moss have both agreed to be godparents to former Hollyoaks actress Davinia Taylor‘s child.(The Sun)
- Arjan Writes tips us off to Passenger‘s new song, “Do What You Like.” “What stands out to me more is its combination of twitching guitars, electronica-influenced stylings and Mike Rosenberg‘s idiosyncratic crooning.” Idiosyncratic is an understatement.
- Andy Murray‘s success has inspired other young Scots to pick up a racket.(The Independent)
- The lambs are still screaming for Gordon Ramsay.(Daily Express)