- Joanna Lumley (Absolutely Fabulous, Clatterford) looked a gun-toting criminal in the face and didn’t flinch. Maybe all those “collagen injections” finally came in handy.(Mirror)
- Hugh Grant will not face charges for “beaning” a photographer. “The CPS decided that a prosecution would not be in the public interest in light of the minimal nature of the alleged assault, the lack of premeditation on the part of Mr. Grant, and the overall circumstances of the incident.” (Scotsman)
- Lord Puttman says he’s “not proud” of Big Brother, admits he’s just running it for the cash.(Telegraph)
- The rumors were true: Dannii Minogue has been confirmed as a new judge on X-Factor; choreographer Brian Friedman will also join Simon Cowell and Sharon Osbourne on the series.(BBC)
- Wild at Heart actress Amanda Holden had to learn “to stand up for herself” against Britain’s Got Talent judges Simon Cowell and Piers Morgan.
- Elton John, J.K. Rowling, Sir Bob Geldof, Sir David Frost, and Baroness Thatcher all came out to support the Gorbachev cancer charity this weekend. (Contact Music)
- Rowling may release Madeleine McCann bookmarks in the last Harry Potter.(Guardian)
- Rod Stewart has confirmed a date for his wedding to Penny Lancaster: June 16th.(Contact Music)
- George Michael canceled a concert in Prague after his equipment was damaged in a truck crash. No, he wasn’t driving it.(NME)
- Dave Stewart wants to make a fan’s sweet dreams come true.(Entertainmentwise)
- In a piece he wrote for The Independent, Alex James provides some extremely probing insights into the heads of fellow Blur members Damon Albarn, Graham Coxon, and Dave Rowntree.
- The honeymoon has just begun for Amy Winehouse and Blake Fielder-Civil, but The Independent insinuates trouble may lie ahead for the happiest newlyweds in rock.
- Nothing But Green Lights celebrates its one-year anniversary with a load of free mp3s.
- Political watchdog blog Crooks and Liars, which doesn’t usually cover music, praises Morrissey. Nicole Belle says, “I had some real anguish about Morrissey going out on his own. But how many years has it been? And he’s still doing some of his BEST WORK EVER.”
- A Times writer looks to the great songwriters in his quest to write the perfect three-minute pop song.
- Russell Brand‘s “hymen” remarks at this year’s BRITs have been OK’d by Ofcom.(Chortle)
- Finances would be the only reason The Spice Girls would consider a reunion.(The Sun)
- Mel B. takes AIM at Eddie Murphy.(Mirror)
- Victoria Beckham popped in to present at the MTV Movie Awards.(Hello!)
- Will Ferrell and Sacha Baron Cohen shared a steamy kiss and a roll around the floor when they accepted their MTV Movie Award for their Talladega Nights snog.(Towleroad)
- Enrique Iglesias was a hero to one lucky gay male fan in London.(Towleroad)
- Kevin Bacon joins original stars Frank Langella and Michael Sheen and Sam Rockwell, Toby Jones, and MI-5‘s Matthew Macfayden in the Frost/Nixon movie.(Hollywood Reporter)
- Kristin Scott Thomas talks to The Daily Telegraph about ditching Hollywood and returning to the London theater.
- Martin Amis documents the last days of Tony Blair for The Guardian.
- The Independent profiles Britain’s next First Lady, Sarah Brown.
- Jordan never fails to gross us out, especially when discussing Peter Andre‘s genitals.(The Sun)
The Latest from Mind The Gap
Who doesn’t love food suggestions? No one we’ve ever met. Food can mend heartache, create bonds, and, well, we need […]Read Now