- Bill Nighy, Tom Wilkinson, and Eddie Izzard will join Tom Cruise and Kenneth Branagh on the WWII drama, Valkyrie. The film will reunite two Usual Suspects collaborators, director Bryan Singer and screenwriter Christopher McQuarrie.(Guardian)
- Jekyll‘s James Nesbitt is set to star in another modern re-telling, this time of Cinderella? Whuh? “It tells the story of Professor Prince, played by Nesbitt, who believes that man was responsible for the evolution of the human race, and cleaner Cindy, played by Maxine Peake, who is determined to prove him wrong.”
- Janet McTeer has been cast to play Winston Churchill‘s wife in a the HBO/BBC co-pro, Churchill at War. Brendan Gleeson will play Churchill.(Hollywood Reporter)
- Keira Knightley‘s adaptation of Atonement will kick off the Venice Film Festival in late August.(BBC)
- Several TV viewers complained about an EastEnders scene that aired last night in which a pregnant woman was threatened with a forced Caesarean.(Mirror)
- The Guardian‘s Kate Bevan wonders what all the bother is about: “If anything, the episode is to be praised – or at least, the actors are to be praised for managing to play a truly silly episode that strained the bounds of credibility to breaking point with a remarkable degree of aplomb.”
- Simon Pegg doesn’t take kindly to being called an “A-lister.”
- Newcomers to the Harry Potter cast talk with The Daily Telegraph. Kate Leung says Daniel Radcliffe is a good kisser.