The Latest from Mind The Gap
America’s British population has taken to the web to voice its displeasure at news that U.S. candy giant Hershey has successfully blocked our much loved U.K.-produced chocolate from being exported to the land of the free.Read Now
In the middle of his road trip across America, British filmmaker James Coulson decided he’d seen enough—and applied for U.S. …Read Now
Well, it’s that time of year again when post-Christmas wallets are weighed up and paperwork is gathered for the filing …Read Now
- Hunky Idris Elba (The Wire) will star opposite singer Jill Scott in a TV series based on the The No. 1 Ladies’ Detective novels. Anthony Minghella will direct scripts he co-wrote with Richard Curtis, and shooting will take place in Botswana.(Daily Mail)
- Here’s Idris Elba, decked out in a suit, playing the late, great Stringer Bell on The Wire on YouTube. Can you believe this man is British? And so, so hot…
- Did Sienna Miller recruit Keira Knightley to help her “bump” into her former flame, Jude Law, at a White Stripes concert? A Daily Mail spy says, “Sienna was like a little girl, she was all giggly and was clearly trying to impress Jude. She brought Keira along for a bit of moral support – and so she didn’t turn up alone and look silly.”
- A preview of the Princes’ interview with Matt Lauer. (MSNBC)
- The producers of Britain’s Got Talent respond to the show’s popularity on YouTube. “It is amazing that within 20 minutes of being on air they are on YouTube. I don’t know how people are doing it.”(Telegraph)
- Simon Cowell asked Louis Walsh to return to X-Factor, reports The Sun‘s Victoria Newton, but Walsh turned him down.
- Gemma Atkinson, formerly of In the City, scorches it up in a teeny-weeny bikini.(The Sun)
- What’s a footballer to do?: Wayne Rooney has to decide which of the four WAG weddings he’ll go to this weekend.(Contact Music)
- The WAGs aren’t the only ones getting hitched this weekend: Rod Stewart and Penny Lancaster will finally make it legal tomorrow. But will Rod’s son Sean‘s legal troubles cast a pall on the festivities?(Daily Mail)
- Jaime Murray of Hustle will take a recurring role on Showtime’s serial killer drama, Dexter.(Hollywood Reporter)
- J.K. Rowling will tour America in support of the final Harry Potter book.(EW)
- Get your drag queens, your Muscle Marys, your lesbian bikers, and your Doctor Who at London Gay Pride.(The Sun)
- Did the BBC censor a rerun of the ’70s sitcom Porridge in fear of offending homosexual viewers?(Daily Mail)
- Big Brother has already opened a race dialogue in Britain, but are viewers ready for a spot of man-on-man action in the house?What about a full-on circle jerk?
- Imogen Lloyd Webber can’t seem to find men who aren’t total cokeheads.(Daily Mail)
View all posts by Kevin Wicks.