Latest in Anglophenia Video SeriesView All Episodes
The Latest from Mind The Gap
Well, it’s that time of year again when post-Christmas wallets are weighed up and paperwork is gathered for the filing …Read Now
It is said that a positive review from British restaurant critic Giles Coren can be worth $1 million to an …Read Now
It’s accepted that we have British English and American English, but, in written communication, there’s more than just language differences. …Read Now
- Hunky Idris Elba (The Wire) will star opposite singer Jill Scott in a TV series based on the The No. 1 Ladies’ Detective novels. Anthony Minghella will direct scripts he co-wrote with Richard Curtis, and shooting will take place in Botswana.(Daily Mail)
- Here’s Idris Elba, decked out in a suit, playing the late, great Stringer Bell on The Wire on YouTube. Can you believe this man is British? And so, so hot…
- Did Sienna Miller recruit Keira Knightley to help her “bump” into her former flame, Jude Law, at a White Stripes concert? A Daily Mail spy says, “Sienna was like a little girl, she was all giggly and was clearly trying to impress Jude. She brought Keira along for a bit of moral support – and so she didn’t turn up alone and look silly.”
- A preview of the Princes’ interview with Matt Lauer. (MSNBC)
- The producers of Britain’s Got Talent respond to the show’s popularity on YouTube. “It is amazing that within 20 minutes of being on air they are on YouTube. I don’t know how people are doing it.”(Telegraph)
- Simon Cowell asked Louis Walsh to return to X-Factor, reports The Sun‘s Victoria Newton, but Walsh turned him down.
- Gemma Atkinson, formerly of In the City, scorches it up in a teeny-weeny bikini.(The Sun)
- What’s a footballer to do?: Wayne Rooney has to decide which of the four WAG weddings he’ll go to this weekend.(Contact Music)
- The WAGs aren’t the only ones getting hitched this weekend: Rod Stewart and Penny Lancaster will finally make it legal tomorrow. But will Rod’s son Sean‘s legal troubles cast a pall on the festivities?(Daily Mail)
- Jaime Murray of Hustle will take a recurring role on Showtime’s serial killer drama, Dexter.(Hollywood Reporter)
- J.K. Rowling will tour America in support of the final Harry Potter book.(EW)
- Get your drag queens, your Muscle Marys, your lesbian bikers, and your Doctor Who at London Gay Pride.(The Sun)
- Did the BBC censor a rerun of the ’70s sitcom Porridge in fear of offending homosexual viewers?(Daily Mail)
- Big Brother has already opened a race dialogue in Britain, but are viewers ready for a spot of man-on-man action in the house?What about a full-on circle jerk?
- Imogen Lloyd Webber can’t seem to find men who aren’t total cokeheads.(Daily Mail)
View all posts by Kevin Wicks.