Broadchurch star Olivia Colman is set to star in the film adaptation of 2011’s National Theatre’s stage production of London Road. …Read Now
Kim Cattrall Set to Sex Up Kipling Drama Alongside Daniel Radcliffe
Daniel Radcliffe has already been cast as Rudyard Kipling‘s doomed son in an ITV drama. We’re fine with that. But guess who’s playing his mother? If you said Kate Winslet or Samantha Morton, you couldn’t be more wrong. I kid you not: his mum will be portrayed by none other than Sex and the City star Kim Cattrall, who will play Rudyard’s wife, Caroline. Sure, she’s “technically” British, having been born in Liverpool, but come on. David Haig, who also wrote the film, will play Kipling.(The Stage)
- Ian McKellen‘s Lear will head to the West End.(The Stage)
- Anthony Hopkins recently thanked Silence of the Lambs director Jonathan Demme for “rescuing him from the theater.” The Guardian‘s Xan Brooks thinks many other British thespians would like to follow in his footsteps.
- Helen Mirren will play a Jewish woman in a Gaza-set drama produced by The Queen‘s Andrew Harries and written by Prime Suspect‘s Frank Deasy. (Variety)
- Woody Allen‘s third London-set film has been picked up by The Weinstein Co. Cassandra’s Dream stars Colin Farrell, Ewan McGregor, Tom Wilkinson, Sally Hawkins, and my girl, Line of Beauty star Hayley Atwell.
- Keir McAllister, a 32-year-old Scottish comedian, is now on Britain’s sex offenders’ list due to a sexual relationship he had with a 16-year-old while working at a Dundee high school.(Chortle)
- Russell Brand will get his own stand-up show on Channel 4.(Chortle)
- Hogwarts will come alive at Universal’s theme park in Orlando.
- The Big Brother season premiere garnered 6.2 million viewers, down from last year’s season opener.(BBC)
- Gordon Ramsay pops a woody when he sees Burger King employees flip a burger.(The Sun)
- British artist Damien Hirst will fetch $99 million for a “diamond-encrusted platinum skull” he made.(Page Six)