While the news of Downton Abbey coming to an end may still be sinking in, there is something we should all remember: there …Read Now
Julia Roberts Will Attempt a British Accent For Her Next Role
- Winning an Oscar and doing Broadway aren’t enough for her: Julia Roberts really wants to prove her chops, and even after the Mary Reilly debacle, she’s gonna attempt another accent. She’ll play British this time: she will star in and produce a film about the murdered wildlife conservationist Joan Root.(BBC)
- Root was killed in Kenya in early 2006 in what was seen as a “retaliation” for her political work. The Independent profiles her life.
- Daniel Craig even looks hot with a scruffy grey beard, sunglasses, and a major stinkface.(Just Jared)
- Irishman Stephen Rea, Englishman Vinnie Jones, and American Shannyn Sossamon have signed on for the UK crime flick, The Heavy.
- UK networks are being more cautious with buying U.S. shows due to shrinking budgets. “No wonder renewals on vets Desperate Housewives and Lost set back Channel 4 and Sky north of $1.5 million an episode respectively. They are that rare thing — tried-and-tested, channel-defining hits.”(Variety)
- Did MI5 rob a bank in order to steal “steamy snaps” of Princess Margaret?(Daily Mail)
- Media watchdogs have whacked Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson for “homophobic” comments.(BBC)
- The Queen is favored to win “Greatest Living Briton.”(Scotsman)
- Comedian John Cleese referred to Palmerston North, New Zealand as the country’s “suicide capital” after he performed there. The city council has erected a compost heap in his honor.(Stuff.co.nz)
- Orlando Bloom talks Pirates on the CBS Early Show.
- Andy Serkis and Doctor Who star David Tennant have signed on to play Albert Einstein and British scientist Arthur Eddington in a BBC2 drama. “It follows Eddington as a champion of Einstein’s theory at a time when the British scientific community and the public were rejecting anything German following the First World War.”(The Stage)
- Craig David is dating Kat from EastEnders‘ sister. And I don’t mean Michelle Ryan.(Digital Spy)
- The two Fergies take advantage of a rare photo-op. (Daily Mail)
- The St. Trinian’s cast showed up at Cannes – even though the film is still in production as we speak. Colin Firth, Rupert Everett, Mischa Barton, and others posed for photographers to promote the film.(BBC)