Latest in Anglophenia Video SeriesView All Episodes
The Latest from Mind The Gap
In the middle of his road trip across America, British filmmaker James Coulson decided he’d seen enough—and applied for U.S. …Read Now
Well, it’s that time of year again when post-Christmas wallets are weighed up and paperwork is gathered for the filing …Read Now
It is said that a positive review from British restaurant critic Giles Coren can be worth $1 million to an …Read Now
- Winning an Oscar and doing Broadway aren’t enough for her: Julia Roberts really wants to prove her chops, and even after the Mary Reilly debacle, she’s gonna attempt another accent. She’ll play British this time: she will star in and produce a film about the murdered wildlife conservationist Joan Root.(BBC)
- Root was killed in Kenya in early 2006 in what was seen as a “retaliation” for her political work. The Independent profiles her life.
- Daniel Craig even looks hot with a scruffy grey beard, sunglasses, and a major stinkface.(Just Jared)
- Irishman Stephen Rea, Englishman Vinnie Jones, and American Shannyn Sossamon have signed on for the UK crime flick, The Heavy.
- UK networks are being more cautious with buying U.S. shows due to shrinking budgets. “No wonder renewals on vets Desperate Housewives and Lost set back Channel 4 and Sky north of $1.5 million an episode respectively. They are that rare thing — tried-and-tested, channel-defining hits.”(Variety)
- Did MI5 rob a bank in order to steal “steamy snaps” of Princess Margaret?(Daily Mail)
- Media watchdogs have whacked Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson for “homophobic” comments.(BBC)
- The Queen is favored to win “Greatest Living Briton.”(Scotsman)
- Comedian John Cleese referred to Palmerston North, New Zealand as the country’s “suicide capital” after he performed there. The city council has erected a compost heap in his honor.(Stuff.co.nz)
- Orlando Bloom talks Pirates on the CBS Early Show.
- Andy Serkis and Doctor Who star David Tennant have signed on to play Albert Einstein and British scientist Arthur Eddington in a BBC2 drama. “It follows Eddington as a champion of Einstein’s theory at a time when the British scientific community and the public were rejecting anything German following the First World War.”(The Stage)
- Craig David is dating Kat from EastEnders‘ sister. And I don’t mean Michelle Ryan.(Digital Spy)
- The two Fergies take advantage of a rare photo-op. (Daily Mail)
- The St. Trinian’s cast showed up at Cannes – even though the film is still in production as we speak. Colin Firth, Rupert Everett, Mischa Barton, and others posed for photographers to promote the film.(BBC)
View all posts by Kevin Wicks.