While the news of Downton Abbey coming to an end may still be sinking in, there is something we should all remember: there …Read Now
A Life On Mars Reunion…Sort Of.
- Life On Mars stars John Simm and Philip Glenister will re-team for the bank-robber caper, Tuesday.
- The Ian Curtis biopic, Control, is the first critical success of Cannes. The Guardian‘s Charlotte Higgins says, “A star seemed to have been born in Sam Riley, who plays Ian Curtis – pulling off, audiences agreed, an uncannily accurate and charismatic portrayal.”
- An interview with BAFTA nominee Michael Sheen.(Guardian)
- Gerard Butler will star opposite Jodie Foster and Little Miss Sunshine‘s Abigail Breslin in the kid’s film, Nim’s Island.(Variety)
- Is George Clooney the new Cary Grant? A) No, not really, and B) why do we need another Cary Grant, anyway?(Guardian)
- Eamonn Walker is the first black actor to play Othello at the Globe Theater, and he chats with The Daily Telegraph‘s Aleks Sierz.
- Is The Sun trying to suggest that Dermot O’Leary‘s new job as host of X-Factor is the result of the casting couch? In an article titled “Hunky Dermot’s X secret,” they report that O’Leary met with Simon Cowell in L.A. Dermot laughs, “We went for dinner and he said, ‘Do you want a lift back to your hotel?’ and I said yes.” Oh la la.
- Cowell trashes his Grease reality series: “Grease Is The Word is not going as well as I had hoped. It has been slaughtered by the critics – and rightly so.”
- Spitting Image, the classic satire featuring latex puppets of public figures, will be revamped and renamed by ITV1 for a 2008 launch. (Telegraph)
- EastEnders got trounced by ITV competitor Emmerdale last night, netting a record-low audience share.(The Times)
- Due to “an unrealistic price demand” from its production company, the BBC has cancelled the Aussie soap Neighbours.(Guardian)
- The UK Channel Five has snapped it up.(Guardian)