We already enjoy the antics of established bromances between Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart as well as James McAvoy and Michael …Read Now
The British Invasion of Coachella
- Pitchfork has photos from this weekend’s Coachella festival, including pics of Arctic Monkeys, The Jesus and Mary Chain (where’s ScarJo?!), Jarvis Cocker, fake Brits Interpol, eccentric Icelander Bjork, Hot Chip, and Happy Mondays. Oh, and hip-hop artist Busdriver, who’s not British but is totally hot.
- Arjan Writes also has a Coachella photo gallery: our roving reporter snapped pics of The Feeling (Dan Gillespie Sells looks SO good in his white button-up shirt), Mika, The Klaxons, Kaiser Chiefs, and Placebo.
- In the continuing saga of As the Crotch Burns, Lindsay Lohan “sidled up” to Arctic Monkeys frontman Alex Turner at Coachella, only to be rebuffed.(Mirror)
- Off the Telly fears the cancellation of the Popworld TV series is signalling the end of UK music shows.
- One in 12 albums sold in America are from British artists, reportsBloomberg.
- Kylie Minogue may play a “cyberwoman” in the upcoming Doctor Who Christmas special.(Sound Generator)
- Chris Difford talks Squeeze reunion.(BBC)
- While out in New York’s Soho, Amy Winehouse steals a snog from her fiancé, Blake Fielder-Civil.(Daily Mail)
- Putting months of speculation to rest, 50 Cent says a collaboration with Robbie Williams is underway: “People should look forward to hearing 50 Cent and Robbie together. He’s keen to explore hip hop. He’s got a very distinctive voice and with the right song we could work well together.”
- Elton John, a prolific art collector, wants to demolish part of his mansion and set up a gallery.(The Sun)
- Page Six says Kate Moss is coming to New York on May 8 to launch her Topshop line here.
- Lily Allen is set to launch her line seven days after Kate’s. Think she’s not talking smack about the competition?(Mirror)
- Madonna ditches the soccer-mom ‘do for an asymmetrical bob.(Daily Mail)
- Victoria Beckham flashes the high beams. Seriously, when is this woman going to face public indecency charges? (The Sun)
- Take notes, Boy George: comedian Michael Barrymore may finally explain what happened back in 2001 when a young man was found dead in his swimming pool with “anal injuries.”(Mirror)
- Whoever wins Any Dream Will Do – a reality series that will cast Joseph in a West End revival of Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat – will get a lucrative recording contract.(Mirror)
- Princess Beatrice‘s left eye looks really drunk.(Daily Mail)