It’s his birthday (April 18). What further excuse do we need for a wallow in some of David Tennant‘s greatest …Read Now
Patrick Wolf Vents On His Website, Declares Touring Career Over
Our man Patrick Wolf seems to have lost the plot a bit: he says he’ll perform his final concert in November. Wolf recently fired his drummer, whose on-tour drug problem has wreaked havoc on Wolf’s live shows. The result has been a tabloid frenzy. On a post at his website forums, Wolf says, “I have enjoyed making and performing music for you all, I have enjoyed trying to give a little hopeand inspiration to the world. But I feel, especially when I read all this and I go about my days that I have failed.I’m not seeking sympathy or empathy, god, I have to go find something I love and am inspired by in this world again. Many of you will never know the amount of work and emotion that goes on behind the scenes for me and many of your other favorite artists or musicians and why should you? I wanted to give you Disneyland…I wanted to give you a world at the back of your wardrobe, now im just feel a fool for bothering.”
I bet, in Lily Allen fashion, he’ll retract all of this by tomorrow. All right, kids, back away from the keyboard. Do we need Mommy a.k.a. your PR lady to disconnect your Internet access when you’re alone at night in your hotel room? Damn, we have the whiniest generation of rock stars ever. Patrick, Lily, et al…take some advice from that sage, Melissa Manchester: don’t cry out loud.
In other news:
- The first royal family portrait featuring Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall will be released this week.(The Sun)
- Some sample reviews for Jordan and Peter Andre‘s new reality show: “Katie looks like an Oompa Loompa with tits…And I can’t understand a thing Katie says. Her tubby hubby is almost as bad.”(The Sun)
- I wonder if Peter Andre’s “bout of vomiting and diarrhea” will make the show.(The Sun)
- Four of the five Spice Girls on tap for Bluebell Madonna Haliwell‘s christening. New mum Mel B. was the sole absentee.(The Sun)
- Photos of Sienna Miller, aged 17, in The Daily Mail.
- Keira Knightley and Lindsay Lohan have “fallen out” after Lohan pulled out of a Dylan Thomas biopic written by Keira’s mother.(Daily Mail)
- Paul McCartney enjoys an afternoon with Stella and grandson Miller.
- Are armed robbers targeting Jamie Oliver‘s restaurants?(Daily Mail)
- Madonna fired off angry text messages from Malawi to Guy Ritchie, reportedly chiding him for his rampant partying.
- An episode of Emmerdale has been deemed too violent for family viewing, says a media watchdog.(BBC)
- A lengthy but rewarding interview with director Alan Parker as he discusses his diverse CV, which includes Bugsy Malone, Midnight Express, Pink Floyd: The Wall (“Just a miserable experience”), Angel Heart, and Mississippi Burning.(The Times)
- Sadie Frost to a random bartender: “You look just like Spider-Man Tobey Maguire. I quite fancy him.”(Mirror)
- Coachella concertgoers will see the unveiling of The ScarJo and Mary Chain.(NME)
- Dizzee Rascal compares the UK rap scene to America’s: “America is the land of the hustler: it’s bigger, bolder, flasher,more in your face, whereas England’s more about attention to detail – trying to be refined and classy, and I think a lot of people in the urban scene in this country have had trouble accepting that. Because Britain’s a different place demographically – there are a lot fewer black people for a start – you do look a bit silly walking around with a hundred grand gold chain on your chest.”(Guardian)