A nation’s hopes and dreams were dashed this weekend: in a real shocker, Prince William and Kate Middleton announced they were calling it quits. Let’s get right to the media hysteria:
- William and Kate ended it in a phone call, says The Mirror.
- I bet Woolworth’s feels stupid after making all those Wills and Kate wedding souvenirs.(Mirror)
- You knew those photos in the nightclub would come back to haunt him: did the prince’s playboy ways come between him and Kate?(Evening Standard)
- Kate Middleton’s friends think so. “I know boys will be boys but some of the things Will was getting up to with some pretty silly girls are frankly insulting to Kate.”(Daily Mail)
- The Sun says Kate “can walk away from this with her head held high, knowing that throughout her years with William she has conducted herself with nothing but dignity.”
- The Sun, with tacky haste, suggests some babes who could be Wills’ next conquest, including Richard Branson’s daughter and yes, Britney Spears.
- The Daily Mail sticks some pins in its Posh and Becks voodoo dolls, praying that they’ll be next.