Brenda Blethyn returns to the U.S. in season five of Vera on Monday, July 6, and she’s asking all the …Read Now
The Dunst Meets the Dunce: Kirsten and Razorlight Singer “An Item”
Gossip maven Victoria Newton is salivating over the latest union between a Hollywood starlet and a slimy British git: Kirsten Dunst and Johnny Borrell of Razorlight are “a proper item,” her sources say. They were spotted in a romantic embrace at the Kings of Leon gig at South By Southwest, and photos show them looking quite the pair. From The Sun:
An onlooker said: “They were snogging at the side of the stage. He was wearing an oversized leather jacket and playing air guitar and air drums.
“She was fluttering her eyelashes at him like a smitten teenager.”
So Britain, here’s your chance to make up for the Beckhams by taking the Dunst off our hands. (Y’all have done such a great job of keeping Gwyneth at bay.) However, with our luck, we’ll end up having to house, clothe, and feed yet another Eurotrash rock star with more ego than talent. Panic in America, indeed.
In other news:
- See, the whole Janis-is-a-hooker story on Mile High wasn’t so far-fetched after all: The stewardess who claimed she banged Ralph Fiennes in a lavatory says she worked as an “upmarket” prostitute in Sydney, reports The Daily Mail.
- I could weep: Mel C is saying the Spice Girls reunion is off, reports Digital Spy, and she doesn’t want to look like the spoiler: “There is no reunion. I’m painted as the villain who doesn’t want us to reunite. But I’m not the only one. We have all been much criticized so why face it all again? Life has moved on for all of us and we are looking to the future.” Maybe ’twas Baby Spice that done it: Emma Bunton has quit music, due to the poor sales of her solo album.
- Meanwhile, if Lily Allen were to remake a Clash song, it would be “I’m So Bored With the U.S.A.”
- Ryan Adams will guest on “rhombus-faced” actress Minnie Driver‘s album. Look forward to his next project, a duet with renowned square-headed thesp, Helena Bonham Carter.
- Tired of the UK, Woody Allen is pulling a Whit Stillman and is heading to Spain. But can he compete with Almódovar? The Guardian says no: “Allen is an artist whose entire art is drawn from a few blocks of upper Manhattan. He understands the people, their obsessions, hopes and vanities…But now that sense of place seems sadly adrift. Allen has shown only a stilted understanding of the English and England. Can he fare any better in Spain? I doubt it.”
- The next Bond movie will be a direct sequel to Casino Royale instead of a standalone feature, say the producers of the 007 franchise. Maybe Jeffrey Wright will have more than three lines in this one.(Guardian)
- A nice profile of actor Robert Lindsay (My Family) in The Independent.
- Arjan Writes has a video of Amy Winehouse performing “Back To Black” at the Bowery Ballroom and gives the best description of her I’ve seen: “She’s like a vixen Betty Boop on speed.”
- The 20-novel longlist for the Orange literary prize has been announced.(Guardian)