We already enjoy the antics of established bromances between Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart as well as James McAvoy and Michael …Read Now
Heather Mills’ One-Handed Driving, Billie Piper’s Pre-Show Imbibing
- Heather Mills drives one-handed, wields a camcorder, runs a red light.
- Heather Mills has received a “down-payment” on her settlement from Paul McCartney.(The Sun)
- Billie Piper said she was “so terrified I had to go to the pub and down some shots” before last night’s performance of her West End play, Treats.
- Fans will get free tickets to another performance of Treats if Billie Piper ever fails to appear, The Times reports.
- Russell Brand, busty Bond babe Caterina Murino, Colin Firth, Jodie Whittaker, and Rupert Everett will star in a remake of Belles of St. Trinian’s, according to Daily Mail. The BFI has info on the original movie.
- A surprisingly well-done Daily Mail tribute to John Inman.
- Gordon Ramsay has given himself a $4 million bonus from his restaurant profits.(Daily Mail)
- Amy Winehouse has been canceling gigs left-and-right, apparently to hang out at the pub.
- Alexis Petridis of The Guardian reviews Joss Stone‘s latest. “The novelty value of a tiny West Country girl who sings like a careworn black American has worn off. For all her undoubted talent – and only the unreasonably churlish would deny she can sing up a storm – she now seems trapped awkwardly between two diametrically opposing cultures.”
- Pete Paphides of The Times writes an uncharacteristically mean-spirited and meandering review of Joss’ album. Not that I’m a big Joss fan, by any means. But mostly, he hates her for being a white British woman trying to sound black. Welcome to pop music, Pete!
- Michael Deacon reviews her live show in The Daily Telegraph: “Her lyrics are vague twitterings about LARV, and feeling things deep INSARD and yearning to be SADDISFARD.” True, she’s not a lyricsmith like Amy Winehouse or Lily Allen, but I’m starting to believe all of this going-on about her pronunciation vaguely xenophobic and maybe even a touch racist. Yes, I said the “R” word.
- Mark Ronson, mega-producer for folks like Lily Allen, Amy Winehouse, and Xtina, is releasing an album of unusual cover versions of recent hits. He chats with The Times about it and his NY-LON upbringing.
- Peter Hook of New Order has started an all-bass supergroup with Andy Rourke of The Smiths and Mani of The Stone Roses.
- The View has rescheduled their North American tour due to Kyle Falconer‘s cocaine conviction. (NME)
- Carl Barat says he’d be more than happy to work with Pete Doherty again.(NME)
- Could Peter Gabriel do a one-off reunion with his Genesis bandmates?(Stereogum)