We already enjoy the antics of established bromances between Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart as well as James McAvoy and Michael …Read Now
Gordon Ramsay, Ricky Gervais Up For Book Awards
BBCA faves Gordon Ramsay and Ricky Gervais have been nominated for British Book Awards. Ramsay is shortlisted for his biography, Humble Pie, and Gervais is up for Children’s Book Of the Year for Flanimals of the Deep.
Two Welsh restaurateurs blame Gordon Ramsay for the closure of their business. On his show, Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares, Ramsay complained that the Walnut Tree restaurant was “too expensive,” which may have discouraged customers from eating there,according to the Daily Record.
- Jarvis Cocker‘s collaboration with Air and Charlotte Gainsbourg will be released here in the U.S. on April 24.(NME)
- David Beckham’s injury doesn’t worry his new team, the Los Angeles Galaxy.
- Dame Helen Mirren‘s first job was working the fairgrounds, according to her hometown paper. The man who got her the gig, now aged 63, says Helen “wanted to experience the public. She was bubbly and was quite ambitious. She always had a nice, posh talking voice and I still remember the way she spoke to me.”
- Does Billie Piper‘s ex, Chris Evans, have a new flame? The Daily Mail has a photo of “Mystery Chick.”
- Remember that raunchy Kate Winslet/James Gandolfini musical, Romance and Cigarettes, which was released in Britain ages ago? It’s going straight to DVD here in the States, according to Fox News.
- Dougie Dunlop, a former chef, reveals the horror of dining out in his ITV documentary, Confessions of a Chef. “Dunlop recounted how a woman found a ‘gristly lump’ in her steak pie. He said: ‘We were leaning over it wondering what it was, then the chef de partie said he noticed when he finished making the pies that a wart on his finger had disappeared.'”
- Thank you, Tanya: Contestants will live in a trash heap in a new British reality show: “Everything they eat, wear, shelter under or use – including the TV – will have to come from other people’s trash.” Oh, and Sienna Miller‘s NYC bar antics have landed her in Gawker Stalker.